Changes vs Saints

Like this setup. But Truck won’t be dropping Heppell, simple as and given he got 24 touches last Friday he wasn’t the worst. Maybe Bryan drops and d’Ambrosio gets a run off the IC. Be great to see him debut.

We need a response from Stringer and need to kick straighter. And and …

1 Like

This will be just like 2010 when we were completely shithouse but knocked off St Kilda easily on a Friday night at Docklands.

4 Likes

Out Kelly and Heppell
In Massimo and McGrath

All of a sudden your backline looks so much better

Phillips out for Bryan

Common sense, pump games into the kid, not the 30 plus something journey man who will be done at the end of this year or next

4 Likes

I know Truck won’t drop his captain! Like you said there’s a few things that need fixing about our team…

Im more confident of a stronger showing this week than v WC next week

2 Likes

I think Kelly and Heppell are unstoppable so as much as people on here want it to happen it just won’t.

Stewart (forward) and D’ambrosio must come in. Don’t think Hird is ready yet, although did some nice things on the weekend.

You mean the career where we recruited him as a forward, then decided we had a surplus of forwards like the flakey daniher and ageing Hooker, so decided to turn a promising forward in to a Backman, then had all of our forwards disappear so we decide to turn him in to a forward again?

Sure, he’s really wasted the clear run he’s had at it.

4 Likes

I want pick 1. Tank against both WC and North.

If Heppell is going to stay in the side, I would put him back in the middle.

He is going to be exposed for pace wherever he plays, get him further away from the opposition goals and give him the task of being the big bodied midfielder we need. Jobe, Cripps & Pendals are not quick, but they put their body over the ball and at least half the contest playing on the inside. We lack size & have plenty of pace around him, he can compliment us their.

1 Like

I would put Heppell as the sub. Still gets games, if that is still a saga thing.
wont get exposed for pace then, until we need to use him.

1 Like

not a lot of difference between pick 1 &2
why would you want a spoon?
unless you want to send Dunkley through the PSD

Because you get crazy offers from other clubs when you have pick 1.

You do when there’s a standout player like last year. Not sure it’s like that this year. I mean, sure you’d get some offers perhaps, but nothing crazy.

1 Like

Nick Bryan in please!!

2 Likes

45 on our list not including Walla.

Take away the 22 who play on Friday night (assuming the sub doesn’t get on), leaves 23.

Take the 4 players who are unavailable through injury, and we’re gonna have 19 AFL listed players playing in our VFL side on Saturday against Sandy.

20 if Parish gets up this round.

That’s as high a representation in our 2’s as I can remember for a long time.

1 Like

will be a strong VFl side Snelling, Langford and Voss included

b: Lord Brand Eyre
hb: McDonagh Zerk-Thatcher Cutler
c: A Hird Atley Ham
hf: Voss McBride Snelling
f: Menzie Baldwin Wanganeen
r: Bryan Langford Waterman
int; Phillips, Conforti, Bernacki, Francis

assuming Massimo, Hird Stewart go up plus McGrath returns
for Cutler, Phillips, Waterman and Parish(late withdrawal)

4 Likes

What position was voss playing earlier in the year?

CHF/ with stints on ball

1 Like

So Rath healthy and coming back. 2 top 10 players (in the B&F at least) returning within a fortnight AND multiple performing youngsters in the VFL banging the door down.

Is this that ‘selection pressure’ I’ve heard so famously of?

1 Like

Francis back too

2 Likes