Changes Vs Swans - speculation and anticipation

I’m saying he should play.

If he is that far off it that we’d play Luey or rearrange our whole structure then he should start packing one way or another.

Personally I rate him and back him to step up.

I hope we stick it straight up Diggers backside

5 Likes

Agree Stewart must come in before Leuy, who is past his best used by… date. Stew is the future, Leuy is dim memory of a past from another era, for another club.

I reckon a 4th option is Stringer as a straight swap for Smack if he’s fit. He won’t have as much fitness as previously so he’ll be playing much less midfield initially anyway.

1 Like

But but but I thought you never hear anything?

1 Like

Apart from crickets… mostly.

1 Like

I think Swans will drop Cameron.

Play Sinclair as sole Ruck
so forwards
Buddy - Hurley
McCartin - Francis
Ronke - McKenna/McNeice - Saad if he gets off the chain
Heyward - Dea
Papley - Saad

Parker & Heeney also rest forward will be key matchups for defenders too. - Probably Goddard if he stays in. - could be Francis/Dea too

Would be a good week for Hooker forward and Francis in IMO.
If Cameron stays in then we probably need Hartley in or Hooker back and Stewart Forward.

Its not just this week trying to cover the loss of Corey McKernan, its till the end of the season. Hopefully someone steps up

Hooker can’t hit the side of a barn with a handful of wheat. His kicking last week was hopeless. Put him back, back and Mitch Brown forward, who is a goal kicker. Hartley is a beautiful kick of the footy has been kicking some super torps from the backline. Just what we need in the backline. And/or bring Francis in or not.

1 Like

Got this bad feeling we’ll lose this one at selection table.

Who comes in for McKernan.

Is it Stewart, Laverde or Francis? Who’s in better form.

The draw isn’t fair. We also get to play Anzac Day every year. Dreamtime. If we make GF it is in our home state.

1 Like

Francis because he can take mark, back or forward.

So how hard are the Swans going to come after Raz on Friday night ?, expect fireworks.

Actually - though he missed both his shots on goal - I thought his kicking action was a lot better. Both shots went straight and true - just slightly right.

5 Likes

We’ve done OK without him so far :wink:

3 Likes

I know why, inspired by Saad and trying keep his ‘perch’. Doesn’t have the leg speed. Goddard’s strength has always been his kicking.

Shouldn’t be dropped this week. I agree with your Colyer call though.

U realise we are favourites. Holy ■■■■!

1 Like

Agree. And at least he’s willing to be moved fwd unlike Hurls.

INS. Stewart, LAV

OUTS. Smack (inj.), Colyer (omitted)

I don’t agree with some suggestions regarding Leuey or even Draper coming in to replace Smack.
Draper is at least 10 months away from debuting, and Leuey is finished at AFL level.
Still a good VFL player, but I do not believe it will translate well at the higher level at this stage of his career.

I’m not sure how it will work with both Stewart and Brown in the same forward line, but it gives us flexibility if things aren’t working out, or if Grundy is causing us his usual problems.
If we need to swap Hooker with Brown mid game, we can do that.

The inclusion of LAV gives us a bona fide medium (3rd)marking target who is difficult to match up on (ala the Stringer role), who can give us 5-10 mins per qtr of midfield minutes.

Of course, personally I would rest Goddard for Francis, but we know that won’t happen this week.
I’m assuming Conor to miss another game.

B. McNiece Hooker Dea
HB.Goddard Hurley Saad
C. Zaharakis Heppell McGrath
HF.Fantasia Brown Tippa
F. Baguley Stewart Langford
R. Belly Smith Zerrett
Int. Myers Parish Guelfi Laverde

2 Likes

Swans will go after Raz and Saad and Zerrett.

Did anyone watch the swans gold
Coast game and see what Dew did, how suns won?