Changes Vs Swans - speculation and anticipation

In Stringer Stewart McKenna
Out McKernan, Colyer, BJ

Brilliant! Rapt to have Stringer ok.

Will likely go back to a 3 pronged fwd line but what that means for our midfield group will be interesting. Especially if McKenna good to go.

I’m thinking maybe they will keep Guelfi back rather than return to the wing, otherwise Parish may drop.

IN: McKenna, Stringer, Stewart
OUT: McNeice, Colyer, Smack (inj)

B: Saad Hooker Dea
HB: Guelfi Hurley McKenna
C: McGrath Heppell Zaka
HF: TIPPA Brown Fantasia
F: Stringer Stewart Baguley
R: Belly Zerrett Langford

B: Smith Parish Goddard Myers

Could just as easily be Hartley in over Stewart & Hooker fwd though.

1 Like

Double good.

Not sure I’m at WOB’s level, but then again who is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was wondering who’d come out to accommodate both Stewart and Stringer - Colyer makes sense.

I can only judge when you’ve done a post game, hammered rant. Then we’ll know.

1 Like

Stringer in is a huge boost for us.
Woosh, all but confirms no Frang again, I do think given the balance of the Swans defence, he’d be a better option than Goddard or Dea as a matchup for Heeney / Parker…

Plenty of options here. Stewart could easily come in as Grundy will more than likely be an in for them. Which would mean. Jake being double teamed by Rampe and Grundy all day, so maybe Jimmy makes sense as an inclusion?

IN - STRINGER / McKENNA / ?STEWART?
OUT - SMACK / COLYER / ?McNiece?

B - McNiece . Hooker . McKenna
HB Saad . Hurley . Dea
C . Parish. Heppell McGrath
HF Zaharakis . Brown Langford
F Tippa Stringer . Fantasia
R - TBell . Zerrett . Smith

I - Myers - Guelfi - Baguley - Goddard

2 Likes

Anyone think McKenna will come in but Saad will miss? He got through the game last week but did look hampered

1 Like

Swans really targeted Zac in last years final, no doubt they will try and do so again

I have been waiting for this game since last years final. Let’s crush these flogs

6 Likes

Yay, that means we can rest Franga for the second time in a fortnight.

(Long would be hoping he replaces Colyer, as otherwise he sits out two weeks in a row due to the VFL bye.)

Wouldn’t be a surprise at all. I reckon they’d want to give McNeice another week as well

1 Like

Wouldn’t shock me.

That’s super important.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if they just go with Stringer as a straight swap for Smack. Stringer will be underdone so will play less midfield time.

So maybe:
Stringer for Smack
McKenna for Colyer with Guelfi moving to cover Colyer’s role

6 Likes

Whose pinch hitting in ruck?

It looks like they will go back to the 3 up front

Poor guelfi having to cover Colyers role of fumbling the unfumbleable ball.

3 Likes

Tippa!!

Seriously, good question. Hooker went to a couple of centre bounces last week. Doubt they’d do that again though

STRIIIIIIIINGGGEERRRRRRRRR YESSS

1 Like

Out of Worsfold Press conference:

Stringer looks set to come in

“…Jake will be available for selection this weekend, he has attacked his rehab brilliantly…”

Stewart a possibility

“…Stewart is available + we got some other options to consider too, it’s not just a straight swap for McKernan…”

Maybe we will do a Richmond and run with Brown as a single KPF tall ( CHF) and use Stringer as a medium tall forward ( FF) and leave Hooker down back.

If I were to guess, it’d be Stringer in for Colyer, Stewart in for Smack and McKenna in for McNiece. Didn’t catch Stewart’s last performance but he was good the week before. Was playing more of a conventional big forward role in the VFL.