Changes vs Sydney Tough Guys - 2022 round 16 @ 1.45pm

Going to be very very interesting team selection. When you think logically of how coaches operate…

McDonald, Franklin and Sam Reid in the Sydney forward line. We cannot go in with injured Ridley and undersized Laverde only.

There needs to be one player dropped out of the backline, if we bring in Reid or BZT. So out of the following, one will be dropped:

• Heppell
  • D’Ambrosio
  • Kelly
  • Hind
  • Redman

Then Parish comes into midfield and we are not going to drop Shiel, Merrett, Caldwell, Martin or Langford. That leaves those forward/mids or utility like the following players in the firing line:

• Hobbs
  • Durham
  • Perkins

Considering this, Hobbs, Durham and D’Ambrosio are the ones who would be considered for dropping. Now that’s not what I would do. I want these young talented players to play.

We have been playing two ruck now for awhile, so I can’t see them dropping Bryan. But who knows with Jones and Stringer back they might decide 2MP can help out Draper.

Imagine when McGrath is fit.

2 Likes

I’ve become numb.

But I think it’s what will happen. Personally I’d drop Guelfi, but objectively he’s doing more week to week than Perkins and Hobbs.

As per usual, Sydney are playing good footy at the right end of the season.

They are hard, tough and uncompromising. Everything we aren’t. They also have the strut, natural arrogance, which we used to have. No more.

After such a terrible defensive effort in Perth and the long plane trip back this could be ugly.

Let’s wait and see who is injured and who can play.

1 Like

Fascinating reading Blitz this week - Truth.
Facts:
We are 16th on the ladder with 3 wins
We’ve just been run over by the bottom team, who kicked such a high score their supporters suffered RSI marking their records.
Yet here we are, having massive conflict about who NOT to leave out. Up to 4 or 5 players could be unlucky not to get a game!
Amazing in the current circumstances!

4 Likes

Forgot
T.Hird!

Side looks a lot better obviously with our two worst performers out and McGrath and Parish back(If fit).

Otherwise we desperately need a settled line up.

Then I’d back everything else in and evaluate Rutten and Cos coaching from there

He (Tippa) was the only shinning light that we have had for at least a decade. He has been my favorite player since Hird. I lost all hope when he retired until I saw Jimmy coming through the smoke the other week.

8 Likes

Amen to that

I think we need another tall to deal with the likes of Sam Reid, Buddy, Hickey etc - so either Zerk or Zach Reid will come in I think. I’d bring Phillips back in also so;-

OUT: Durham, Ham, Bryan
IN: Parish, Reid, Phillips

Ridley Reid Kelly
Redman Lav D’Ambrosio
Martin Shiel Heppell
Perkins Jones Guelfi
Stringer 2MP Snelling

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Caldwell Hind Langford Phillips
SUB: Hobbs

1 Like

I think it’s a real litmus test for the club -
strangely.

The best way to win next week is Parish, Phillips, and probably BZT in; D’Ambrosio amongst the outs.

I think it’d be totally wrong, but I can absolutely see it happening.

1 Like
Whats more important
  • Beating Sydney
  • Developing younger players for 2023

0 voters

Team balance would be my guess. You can’t play Shiel, Parish, Merrett, Caldwell and Hobbs in the same side. Hobbs is the youngest so the likely out.

1 Like

Start playing Reid.

We need to get games into these young kids.

Kelly is a liability now.

Out of Reid, Brand, Eyre, Zerk and McBride, from what I’ve seen of the VFL, I’d like to see McBride given a go. Reid, Brand and Eyre are not ready, and we know what Zerk brings.
Francis was pretty good in defence in the second half against Willy. He is a good match up for Heeney and I think has done more than OK on him in the past. Give Franga the next few games too see how he goes. Last roll of the dice for him.

Ridley
Laverde (Franklin)
McBride (Reid)
Francis (Heeney)
Redman
D’Ambrosio
Hind

Martin Shiel Merrett

Stringer Jones Snelling
Guelfi 2MP Perkins

Draper Caldwell Parish

Int: Phillips Langford(f/m) Hobbs(f/m) 7th Def.
Durham (sub)

If McGrath gets up, D’Ambrosia to sub and rest Durham.
Stringer, Perkins, Langford and Hobbs get CBA’s, Merrett to wing.
No room for Hep or Kelly in this line up. If Hep has to play, let’s try him up forward in Guelfi’s role.

Not to be a ■■■■. But, we aren’t beating Sydney.

Stop being a ■■■■.

this is gonna be a belting

If we win, we basically ensure Fark Carlton will end up with a home elimination final, or the double chance.

Which is depressing when you consider that we haven’t finished higher than 7th in literally 20 years. Oh well

Out: Stringer, Bryan
In: Parish, Phillips

Truck show some balls and understand some leaders are not obeying you. Its rarely the kids. It actually took Parker and the media to publicly shame Shiel for him to play his best footy at Essendon. Take the reigns and do it yourself this time. Give the whole team a clear message and expectations

8 Likes

Parker is playing his 250th game. We are done.

2 Likes