Changes vs the Cats

Besides the 5 changes a couple of weeks back, we havn’t been going with large numbers of changes.

Snelling and Francis in for Ham and Zerk

1 Like

Yeap I reckon Francis might wanna go home

37 Likes

That will be huge we missed him

4 Likes

Interesting that Phillips was put on ice today for Geelong (according to commentary)

4 Likes

Did Draper actually injure himself during the Dees game?

He did get a big whack to the back.

I noticed that also… or they may feel that he could do with ruck support v the Cats.

I thought the commentators were guessing rather than saying it with any actual knowledge.

Someone in the VFL match thread said Phillips had ice on his hammy at qtr time.

Edit: Draper had ice on his calf in the rooms last night. Hopefully at least one of them is good to go next week

1 Like

Thanks for that - I didn’t hear the comments - just second hand info. If he had ice on his hammy then he was literally out on ice! (Just not for Geelong).
We’d be bloody unlucky to lose both Draper & Phillips!!
Enter Bryan ?

3 Likes

I never thought I’d say this but I’d have cutler in before zaka

5 Likes

Geez so after only 2 games Draper is injured again?

I’d start pumping games into Bryan

as i keep saying its asking him too much too soon…should always have phillips in the team to give him a decent chop out…hes played how many games without a decent run of game to get his body properly right…you can play on adrenaline but they body will eventually succumb

Delete yourself

4 Likes

People calling for Ham’s removal must be oblivious to how AFL clubs and the selection of teams work.

I really can’t see Truck doing this

Truck. “ so what did you guys think of Hammy’s game against Melbourne?”
Cara “yep, best game in the jumper, 20 possessions, great meterage”
Cira “ agree boss, probably his best game. Still has a ton of work to do but he’s doing everything we are asking of him”
Truck “agree guys. We’ll drop him this week”

9 Likes

With Phillips injured (VFL thread) Draper potentially injured/too sore off 6 day break (just speculation admittedly atm), any chance that Bryan gets a game in this one?

By league standards Rhys Stanley or Ratugolea isn’t the worst matchup for him.

Yep, he had a great gaping hole where Gawn tore him a new one.

He’s young, he’s raw and all that, but you’ve gotta call it as you see it… and that was a comprehensive spiflication…

1 Like

Oh for sure. I think Gawn was fantastic last night.

My concern was Draper doubled over after the hit to the back (and then the ice on his calf after the game).

Mainly because Geelongs’ ruck stocks aren’t the best and I think he’d do well.

But also now because Phillips was injured during the VFL game today.

In: Bryan, Snelling, Durham
Out: Ham, Guelfi, Hooker

Possibly Francis for Waterman

Side note, any chance Zerk could become a forward?

Why not
Most want all our backs playing forward
It’s the in thing

Sam chance that Ham does of being a ruckman.