Changes vs the Suns - speculation for 2020 round 11

Promise you’ll close your trolling account too?

4 Likes

So it’s a bit pointless till they find out how players have pulled up.
Townsend out
Possibly Zerk and Ridley
Probably Draper rested, given we’ve got 2 rucks available as replacements.

So at least Gleeson as a back
Ham and Clarke leading the possible mid replacement/s
Belly and or Phillips

Rest depends, but we have been making 4 or 5 changes anyway, so resting at least another two is likely.

2 Likes

Play him as an inside mid. His tagging was massively overrated (yeah he tagged out Cripps when the Blues had given in).

Tough to know who comes in/out without knowing how they pulled up. But I’d say Hibberd is also likely for someone, Gleeson definitely will be I’d say.

1 Like

If Hibberd was likely they’d have given him reduced minutes also IMO

2 Likes

Out: Draper “managed”
In: Bellchambers

You all know it’s going to happen

I’m almost beyond caring at this point

People really want to see Gleeson back in this side? He’s got to be the biggest passenger and non-contributor to this club over a long period of time (this is his, what, 7th season?).

People being harsh on Cutler. Had a few good efforts and need his kicking / vision.

Out:
McKernan - has barely been near it all year, averaging 0.7 contested marks a game this year
Ridley/BZT - assuming one of the two will be an out
Townsend

In:
Clarke
Ham
Begley

Stewart and Tippa both lucky to be in.

2 Likes

In: Mozzie
Out: Townsend

Crauford. Sit him in the goal square. 204cm, 100kgs who can take a grab and kick a goal. ■■■■ me why not give it a go. Will take some pressure off Mckernan and can give Draper a chop out in the ruck.

11 Likes

I just watched Port vs Richmond. As good a game a footy as you’d ever want to see. The game’s ok if you play it right, we just need to improve.

4 Likes

In Mitch Brown ?whoops they delisted him.Whoever de-listed Mitch Brown should resign immediately. what a dumb idiot

Do you recall that when the announcement of his appointment as coach was made that Crooked Gill pretty much said “Thank God for John Worsefold”?

So there is your answer.

Great, we scored a winner there.

Is this the same Mitch Brown who now can’t even get a game in the disaster zone that is known as the Dees forward line? If he can’t get a game in front of Tom McDonald, it can only mean one thing, he has gone over the cliff, form wise.

13 Likes

Yep.And get pick 5-8

Out: Towner
In: Mozzie

1 Like

I’ve heard the biggest criticism of GWS to date is that the players drink their own bath water and play as flashy self entitled individuals not as a team.

We need to move on from Smack as the forward ruck ASAP

the options we have are:

Joe - injured
Stewart - can’t ruck
TBell - too slow
Phillips - too ordinary
Bryan - too young
Crauford - just right

The Goldilocks award goes to Crawford at age 22, 205cm, 100kg

He’s worth a look. We need to sort the list out and cut whoever isn’t taking us forward.

5 Likes

Carlisle is a head case but also a bloody good footballer.

2 Likes

Ins and outs are really tough this week.

Short turnaround means you know the club will be prioritising management of fitness / injury risk over form.

Do you rest Hurley? If Ridley is even slightly sore give him a spell. Draper coming off such a long break - id rest him this week too.

Rotate any 5 or 6 in and try and match like for like where possible.

1 Like

Those calling for mozzie and Cahil to come in… seriously?

Cahil- very raw and needs another preseason

Mozzie- dont know what you want here but he ain’t ready.

And also…

Ham - not up to it and wouldn’t get a game at any other club yet…

1 Like