Changes vs the Suns - speculation for 2020 round 11

And that’s the problem. The club keeps deluding itself that we are close to competing for a flag and has never gone the aggressive rebuild mode. We have had several chances to do it and instead try the quick fix route which continually fails. Sometimes you need to be brave but we have missed the boat now and this will legitimately be another 5-6 years of pain now

6 Likes

Basing our forward line on Mitch Brown and Shaun McKernan as FF and CHF for the entirety of 2018 - 2019 and Leunberger and Zac Clarke alternating first rucking with Bellchambers during those years case in point.

Stop gaps, stop gaps for place holder seasons and no eye on building for something, just holding the fort.

8 Likes

changes
In: Bellchambers, Gown (Debut), Mosquito (debut), Ham, Cahill, Begley
Out: McKernan(can’t kick) Tippa (if your not gonna take the match winning shot (fire him up), Cutler (omitted) Townsend(managed), Snelling(managed), Draper (managed)

B: Saad Hurley Zerk-Thatcher
hb: Ridley Francis Redman
c: Ham McGrath Guelfi
hf: McKenna Gown Langford
f: Mosquito Stewart Cahill
r: Bellchambers Shiel Merrett
int: Parish,Smith, Zaharakis Begley
Emg: Gleeson, Mutch, Phillips Clarke

Think Ridley and Zerk will be right to play if not then Gleeson would replace them, if both out cutler stays or Mutch comes in and guelfi goes back.

Line ball who comes in for last bench spot chose Begley as he offers something up forward as well as midfield.

If mosquito debuts i will probably watch only due to that.

2 Likes

that’s a bit dumb, we might need Hurley.
Get Bellchambers to run through someone as it doesn’t matter if he misses the following week.

How telling was the shaw hit on Towner, he won’t get penalised ends up kicking two goals and probably best on

also Gleesons a bit stiff to miss out of your side after you take out ridley and Zerk Thatcher.

Gleeson Zerk Hurley
Saad Ridley McKenna (An Irish CHB if Rids inj)

Ham Merrett Mutch

Langford Crauford Mosquito
Cahill Bryan Tippa

Draper Shiel Clarke

McGrath, Begley, Guelfi, Parish

Just get games into them who GAF at this point

I do realise theres 3 ruckmen and no actual key forward but we havent had a real key forward for years so may as well see if any of the rucks can become one
Bring Gown in after a couple of praccy’s same for Jones

Hurley is the captain, he needs to take ownership for how we attack the footy. I remember the very first game that GWS player. McDonald came off the line and cleaned somebody up at the first bounce. It set the tone for the clubs future, and the giants players responded the same way, not being a bunch of flashy self entitled outsiders like GCS first crop.

On the Gleeson front, I agree, but I think we have too many HBFers in the side. We need some bigger guys around the footy and I’m sacrificing the extra HBFer for a mid.

It won’t be wet so I’d try a forward line of

Langford McKernan McKenna
Mozzie Draper Tippa

Bellchambers to ruck 3 qrters v Witts, but I agree with the idea that Drapes maybe possibly should be rested. Same backline of

saad zerk hurley
redman francis ridley

Mids - Shiel, Merrett, McGrath, Parish, Smith, Ham, Mutch, Guelfi, Snelling

Mozz, Ham & Mutch to provide the fresh legs.

1 Like

The loss fkn sucked but we also did do a fair bit right for the game.

Composure of those in the team and needless brain fades/undisciplined acts need to keep being addressed. That’s what cost us in the 2nd half.

Townsend probably won’t be allowed to play due to the concussion so will miss

Langford will be needed as 3rd tall fwd/mid now so another winger back in, Ham.

Upon thinking about it Draper instead of being rested out for Belly should really stay in and perhaps play fwd in place of Stewart.

That’s about all I would expect to change, hoping Ridley is ok.

OUT: Townsend, Stewart … Ridley ??
IN: Ham, Bellchambers … Gleeson??

B: Saad Zerk Francis
HB: Ridley? Hurley Redman
C: Cutler McGrath Ham
HF: Smith Smack McKenna
F: TIPPA Draper Langford
R: Belly Shiel Zerrett

B: Parish Zaka Snelling Guelfi

If Ridley doesn’t get up could also consider McKenna going back and Moz in. But McKenna provided plenty up forward and should only get better.

2 Likes

Only one less brain fade (in particular McKenna) and EFC wins that game against a fairly accomplished team
Dons aren’t that far off it.
Belly in for Towner (injured)
Mozzie for Zaka (managed)
Begley in for Cutler (dropped)

4 Likes

Out: Cutler

In: Brodie

1 Like

You’ll watch next week like everybody else so you care. :wink:

if the club folded tomorrow I wouldn’t care. the afl is unwatchable now. last game I will watch for this season.

1 Like

No one at fox footy has tipped us and for good reason.

Just a poor footy team that’s lacks any kind of drive

At least I won’t have to be emotionally invested anymore if the club folded following Essendon just wears you down into submission

Out: Dodoro, Woosha, Rutten

In: Stephen Wells, Clarko, Neil Balme

2 Likes

Assuming Ridley is fine.

Out.

• Townsend (injured)
  • Walla (managed. Looking frustrated. Give him a rest)
  • Francis

In:

• Mozzie (debut)
  • Gleeson
  • Hibberd

Following EFC is easy.
Lots of other events going on that really test you out.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think i could care less who goes in or out. it doesn’t matter

except moz. play MOZ

Out: Townsend, bzt, Zaka

In: ham, mozzie, Gleeson

I don’t think we can afford to rest Ridley. Unless he can’t move.

From the scratch match report …

Andrew Phillips, Dylan Clarke and Martin Gleeson also had limited game-time given the Bombers’ busy schedule next week, while Brayden Ham didn’t play given he was held over as an emergency in the seniors.

This lot plus TBell obviously those in general consideration/ next in line

Thought it interesting on Clarke, either as tagger or just the inside mid in his own right

1 Like