Changes vs the Weagles - some year, some round

just go full tank. first 22 blokes to get their name in to truck get a game. want a week off? have a week off.

2 Likes

Agreed for both him and Stringer. Getting some game time in the VFL would be a bonus.

1 Like

FREE KICK WEST COAST.

You should all familiarize yourselves with this sentence.

12 Likes

Interesting part for me will be how well we run out the season. 2018 is the only year in recent memory we’ve played out the season well. We need a good injury run from here because our depth is already stretched to the limit.
It will be a sign of how good the fitness department is and how united and hard working the players are.

Getting to 9 or 10 wins would be a very good sign

1 Like

I might be one of the few to be excited about that :joy: It’ll be nice not having to put in 3ish hours of travel to attend a game.

2 Likes

Draper needs a month in the VFL before he should even be considered at senior level.

This week definitely seems like a good week for a draft horse who can take a good flogging and absorb it like Ambrose.

7 Likes

I think out of our next 2 games, Richmond is the most winnable. Too much has to go right against West Coast to have a genuine shot.

We are going to turn it around against Richmond at some point and they’ve shown some glaring weaknesses in recent weeks. Tigers will start Dreamtime strong favourites and deserve to be but it will probably be the most optimistic we’ve been heading into that game in a number of years.

2 Likes

I agree.

Would be a big sign for us to beat the Tigers at Dreamtime.

We’ll likely have Stringer play.

Wondering if it’s worth resting Hooker and bringing someone like Ambrose in?

I would say rest one of the kids, but they don’t look like they need it. And the bye is only two weeks away.

3 Likes

Need to show the boys the first 1.5 quarters of the match v West Coast in 2018; perfect blueprint to beat them. Harass, harass, harass.

I’m not overly pleased with Stewart and Francis’ form at the moment. West Coast will get plenty of easy one on ones at home and reckon Kennedy, Darling and Allen will get on a roll. They’re an 8-10 goal better side at home.

Unfortunately, looks like Richmond will get back all of Cotchin, Bolton, Prestia and Edwards by the time we play them; but definitely the right call to wait for then to bring back Draper and Stringer.

Changes this week:

In: Ham, Ambrose
Out: Perkins (sub), Jones (rest)

Would’ve said Hooker rest but he’s from WA so would be flying over there, surely.

We ever gonna get WC in Melbourne again? Like Sydney at the SCG every damn year…

5 Likes

AFL says no.

:wink:

I wouldn’t be playing Draper in the seniors until after the bye.

11 Likes

Marghetts circles this one on his calender in a big, bright red colour.

11 Likes

Also,

No changes for mine.

3 Likes

Stringer last year was proof that rushing back after syndesmosis does no one any favours. I agree, keep him building up for after the bye return.

1 Like

If we beat West Coast in Perth this week does that mean we have transitioned from rebuild to finals contention…

If it’s pi55ing down as forecast, we simply can’t go in super tall up front.
Ambrose would probably be better suited, but no way we are dropping hooker for the trip out west.

How many goals Darling kick from bullsh-t frees

5th interstate match in 11 rounds? Massive game on many levels. Win or lose, being competitive over there would herald a progression for this team. Especially if it’s wet, hopefully we learnt something from the Brisbane game re changing how you want to play.

1 Like

If Hooker gets that free against GWS and kicks the goal, we would be sitting 8th. (Not to mention fark up against the Hawks or FreekickSydney games).

1 Like