Changes vs the Weagles - some year, some round

For the people wanting Ambrose
Where do we put him? I don’t think he really adds much. On the Cutler level for mine. Ok harsh, maybe one up from that.

1 Like

Surely Jakes straight back in if his hamstrings are fine.

Drapes lay off has been much longer and will need a run in the twos to regain some touch.

1 Like

Comparing Ambrose to Cutler??? What are you on??
Ambrose crashes packs, lays bruising tackles & runs hard at the contest.

Edit: no changes unless players are to be rested/managed

9 Likes

Broad model alignment at 6 days. It’s gonna rain. Maybe clearing or becoming patchy later on Saturday evening after the front passes but the morning looks very wet and still a bit around until early evening. This system is not arriving on Monday or Thursday.

Will Hooker play this week and be rested for Richmond? Would give the old boy two weeks rest and some much earned time with family.

We got outmuscled in the wet against Brisbane.

So unfortunately I think that means we should rest Jones and bring in Ambrose for this week.

Then Jones back in for the Tigers.

5 Likes

Just flat out wrong. Ambrose is the anti-Cutler, he is a human wrecking ball. Cutler is a far better kick. They both play for Essendon, but that is where the similarities end.

No changes for mine. Stringer and Draper are not ready yet, and l want them cherry ripe for when they do come back. We will also be highly competitive in both games and it won’t surprise me if we pinch a win or two.

Marghetts is a worry though.

6 Likes

Would give some chance if it was in Melbourne, the Eagles really are going like a busted away from home (standard). But over there we’ll get mauled. Hopefully a good competitive performance though, we’ve had pretty decent 5 weeks so there’s some cause for optimism on that front.

1 Like

Jones needs a rest more than Perkins. He kicked 3 goals but he only had 6 touches. Ambrose for Jones makes sense.

I would rest Perkins for the WA trip
or Maybe Wright given the bloody knock he got. Jones got 3 goals, he’s also be consideration if he needed a rest.

That would give Ambrose a chance to make his claims.

Ambrose only a break glass option for mine.

3 Likes

Ambrose can play forward on McGovern and square up for the Guelfi hit.

loved Stewart cannoning into Zurharr, think Hurley would have appreciated it and Mark Harvey would have loved it…

4 Likes

The obvious one is ambrose on darling next week, however I think truck might just back the guys that are there as a way of helping them help themselves to work it out. Stewart is steadily working into his new role, and might be given a baptism of fire to see how he handles it

I reckon LAV on Darling

10 Likes

Yeah, I think his run off the big fella could work. He definatley has good defence and attack. So glad he’s held up and starting to excel as a defender. An inspired choice whos ever idea it was

Need every WA Bomber at the ground cheering the boys on.

It’s the hardest ground to play on to beat WCE on their home turf

2 Likes

I’m quite bullish about this game. We play well against the Eagles and the light training run we had yesterday should have freshened everyone up nicely for the trip out west

Just quietly, if we upset the eagles on their home deck we are a cheeky chance for the 8 I reckon.

2 Likes

I can see us winning around 5 games in the run home with some players back, so these next 2 weeks might actually be the difference.

Return match against the swans will be a 8 point game.

If we beat Eagles in WA then Richmond dreamtime, Lid off thread might be heating up.

1 Like