Changes vs the Weagles - some year, some round

disgusting football club with absolute SH*T supporters

16 Likes

I am definatley lid off now. If we can get there with players like stringer hooker tipper, and Merrett parish draper shiel and I’m adding hind ridley Redmond and lav as potential big game players, so why the hell not?

1 Like

Would be a big achievement considering where our list is at re experience to win any of them though. To win all three would be amazing.

I’m going to enjoy thumping the spooners this week before considering reality.

1 Like

MESSAGES ON HOLD
GO EAGLES GO SGIO
HUNGRY JACKS

4 Likes

If we win the next 2 game the lid is so far gone its going to be orbiting Jupiter.

Agreed

If by a miracle this happens we play finals.

I’m gonna be frying up the onion rings at home for this one this week.

Seeing they ruined actual onion rings at HJs

1 Like

I’d love to see Waterman stay in for this one.

1 Like

The forward talls of WCE are a worry but also a great test for us to see how the development of our tall backs, Laverde, Ridley. Stewart and Redman, are going. It will show if ones like Brand, Reid, Zerk-Thatcher and McBride need some senior opportunities. Surely the backs need a rest from time to time. The KEY though is delivery from the mids. If we cut off their supply it will give us a great chance and help our backline.

That being said, Draper should be given time in the VFL, but if Stringer is fit, bring him in, or make him or make him the Sub. Otherwise, NO CHANGE.

Well, us being concerned about our talls if it’s a wet weather game, applies to the Eagles as well I suppose.

They’re a very tall forward line. Wonder if they’d play to the weather.

Us in Melbourne 4 wins - 2 losses 140%

Us not in Melbourne 0 wins - 4 losses 72%

Yes, it would be a very big step in our development to win this game.

6 Likes

No bombing inside 50 scrubby low balls so they can’t intercept and massive forward pressure when the ball hits the deck

33 Likes

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

SGIO SGIO EAGLES SGIO

1 Like

its gonna p*ss down. unfortunately, I can see this going the same way as the Brisbane game. interstate in the wet, kids v a seasoned experienced side.

Looks like number 7 has changed to number 11

4 Likes

No changes for mine.

1 Like

Out: Long bombs into 50
In: Lower the eyes entering 50

Eagles are 18th for tackles and pressure. They’re bottom 4 for contested possession. They’re bottom 4 for tackles I50.

They’re pretty soft to be honest. Yeah sure they want to play an uncontested possession game. kick/mark kick/mark, we all know that, but when it comes to the defensive aspects of their game they’re really really poor. At their best (2018 flag season) they were at least mid table for these areas to compliment their uncontested game. They’re miles off that now.

The rain could negate their biggest strength (kick mark style) and expose their biggest weakness. There’s an opportunity here to really put in a good showing if we can really bring great intensity around the contest and pressure. Win the contested footy and they’re the worst at getting it back again.

Hopefully a really competitive showing coming up.

22 Likes