Changes you’d like for the Country Cats

I actually really like Ambrose, hes hoing well. But thats not great. Ablett will be far, far too fast for him. You dont play your best stopper on small forwards. Thats what saad is in the team for. Most obvious match up, imo

Ambrose to hawkins I’d reckon. Hooker to rategolea. Hurley for rohan.

6 Likes

It’s Daytriper or Essendon12

I know you don’t frequent the politics threads, but he’s infamous.

I heard that essingtonclapclapclap once paid $60 for smashed avo on toast.

1 Like

I’d like Dyl Clarke or Mynott to get a crack in Myers spot.

2 Likes

Raz for Brown.

If Smith is injured, then I hope Ham gets another run.

I reckon this is the most likely of the changes i’ve seen so far. With no obvious like for like replacement for Brown, I think they’ll change the structure

Ablett’s not that fast. Although I agree that Ambrose isn’t a great match for him, I don’t think Hurley should take Hawkins. Which means Hooker. And then on, it’s dominoes. Rohan is very fast. Dangerfield level, almost. Dalhaus is also a threat, and speedy and agile.

You’re right, I don’t - but I do know the poster.

Lucky bugger.

2 Likes

Out - Brown, Smith
In - Langford, Fantasia

Id just go with a smaller forward line and use Langford as another medium marking option. If we are breaking down we can always move Hooker forward.

I’d prefer Ratugolea not kick seven goals, personally.

2 Likes

As Boris said if we only have one tall in the forward line, Geelong will intercept mark our forward entries until the early morn. You know, one blocking another intercepting ( subtly so they don’t give away frees ) . Itend to agree.6

So we need a tall or player who can play tall and there is a lack of depth at the moment. Based on the VFL game, really there are only 2 options. Francis or Draper.

The only alternative is to go inside 50 with low kicks to leading players and only go long when we get out the back.

1 Like

Ratogolea is not playing well this year 0.2 goals a game.

I’m quite aware of his form.
Let’s see what it’s like with McKenna on him.

2 Likes

I wonder if Clarke is ready to return from his calf bleed? He could come in for Brown.

No way.
With Bellcho and JD, no room for Clarke

2 Likes

Would MUCH rather Franfis/Langford over Clarke in Browns position.

2 Likes

It would obviously be Hurley. It’s far from ideal, I’d much prefer Hooker to be in defence but it’s an option and we don’t have many.

Ratugolea would just take Hooker out of our D50 where we want him to be.
If Hawkins wants to play that game with Hooksey on him, I’m fine with that.

People forget that Hawkins has monstered both Hurley and Ambrose in the past, not to mention the mess he’s made of Hartley.
He never gains such an ascendancy over Hooker.

I will concede though, Ambrose has never been in this sought of sustained form, so he may get the nod if we decide to send Hooksey forward at some point in the match.

1 Like

A brutal hard slog of a game today between the Cats and West Coast down in Geelong (with a Cats win) would be perfect. A bit of rain around today. A couple of silly suspensions wouldn’t go astray either. The Eagles after their performance last week will be keen to respond.

An extra day break over an opponent is generally meaningless… but an extra 3 day break cannot be underestimated.

2 Likes