Christmas Open Session

What garbage. So, so many posters gave Carlol shitt because he wouldn't play where the team/coach needed him too & whinged about it, .. but for Lloyd it was ok??

Fkn pls.

Sook of the highest order, really lowered his colours in my estimations of him as a bloke/player in his final 2 years, I was glad to see the back of him TBH.

I actually gained more respect for him…
Jay Neagle is up there with the laziest forwards i have ever seen play the game…
So here was Lloyd, one of the greatest players of the modern era being pushed aside to gift games to someone who had not even proven himself in the reserves and who was deservedly delisted a year later…
Let that sink in…
Furthermore, he was only 30/31years old at the time, not 35 so he was hardly over the hill…
I wouldn’t have begrudged him if he never returned to the club, but such is the class of the man, he has never said a bad word about anything EFC with regard to his exit…
EVER…

Nah. Was asked to play up on the wing in the “Richo” role for the benefit of the teamm, … cracked the sad’s & undermined the coach. Lloydy was all about Lloydy,. not kosher in my book.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Nah. Was asked to play up on the wing in the "Richo" role for the benefit of the teamm, .. cracked the sad's & undermined the coach. Lloydy was all about Lloydy,. not kosher in my book.

He was hardly the only senior player to be disillusioned with Knights’ approach.

I must be in the wrong thread…

Easy to see why Knights is no longer a head coach. You dont mess with Lloyd at FF. Lloyd was never built to be a wingman. That is just making change for changes sake.

Easy to see why Knights is no longer a head coach. You dont mess with Lloyd at FF. Lloyd was never built to be a wingman. That is just making change for changes sake.

Agreed, it would be like moving Jobe Watson to back pocket to accommodate Elliot Kavanagh…

lloyd - forward or wing ?

Nah. Was asked to play up on the wing in the "Richo" role for the benefit of the teamm, .. cracked the sad's & undermined the coach. Lloydy was all about Lloydy,. not kosher in my book.

It wasn’t that you are having a go a Lloydy that got me. It was that you have associated him with a clown that took the field in our jumper and shared the words, “this club is ■■■■■■” with one of his opponents.

Never should the two be mentioned in the same breath.

Pears did not run at all in 2014. Up to 2015 he had built his upper body and legs into pretty much a muscle bound state and it has taken him a long time to develop running fitness again. He got better and better in the VFL after they sent him down back and by the end of the season he was just able to adapt to playing a passable game at AFL level.

Based on the way he played in the AFL at the end of the season, I would have him somewhere in the range 23-30: that is , “Depth”, but if he improved yet more it could make things interesting when we get to March 2016

Sheedy did the same thing to Matthew Lloyd and I don’t think it helped him much either, although he was such a good player that he still kicked a lot of goals. His heyday was 1999-2001, when he was not only strong but could run, and he played as an ordinary member of the forward line who happened to kick a shipload of goals because he spent a lot of time close to them. Later he was more of a stay-at-home full forward (except when Sheedy was trying unsuccessfully to make him into a centre half forward).

Lloyd was huge in 00-01. He lost a yard when he did his big hammie, up to that he was still awesome.

Agree that it was the hammy injury that cost Lloyd big time.
He was at his absolute peak post 2000 until he did his hammy, although he still played some amazing football in 99/00.

Kicked 96 in '04 did he not? What a player he was… prior to Knights.

He had a better year in Knights’ first year than any of the 3 years before that, under Sheedy.

His body was rooted in 09, he kept getting torched by absolute spuds. Not much else the coach could’ve done about that.

I’ll stop you there…
The last two years Knights moved Lloyd to CHF, in order to accommodate that gun 10year full forward we needed to nurture…
You may know him, his name is Jay Neagle and he probably washed you car or served you McDonalds recently…
The velvet sledge’s predatory instincts were thrown down the toilet at CHF for 2 years and the greatest EFC forward of the modern era was forced to retire by Knights without a farewell game…
Granted his body wasnt the same, but just look at how the Saints have managed The Roo in his twilight, then do the opposite…
Thats how Lloyd was treated…

You can stop me, you can also stop counting at 1. he only played 2 years under Knights, 08 he was good, 09 he was at CHF. He knocked back the deal in front of him, so I'm not exactly sure what the coach can do in that situation? Force him to sign? To sit out the first 4 weeks?

History’s written by the victors, but Lloyd was a crock in 09, wherever he was lining up.

Lloyd would’ve been maybe marginally less ■■■■ in FF in 2010, had he gone on. But I suspect it wouldn’t have brought back his legs or spring. I specifically remember that Demon Warnock guy pretty much jumping over him to spoil and rebound with the ball a few times.

What garbage. So, so many posters gave Carlol shitt because he wouldn't play where the team/coach needed him too & whinged about it, .. but for Lloyd it was ok??

Fkn pls.

Sook of the highest order, really lowered his colours in my estimations of him as a bloke/player in his final 2 years, I was glad to see the back of him TBH.

I actually gained more respect for him…
Jay Neagle is up there with the laziest forwards i have ever seen play the game…
So here was Lloyd, one of the greatest players of the modern era being pushed aside to gift games to someone who had not even proven himself in the reserves and who was deservedly delisted a year later…
Let that sink in…
Furthermore, he was only 30/31years old at the time, not 35 so he was hardly over the hill…
I wouldn’t have begrudged him if he never returned to the club, but such is the class of the man, he has never said a bad word about anything EFC with regard to his exit…
EVER…

LOL. Only about every single time he’s been asked?

Ahh old mate Lloyd. If a few of you remember back in the day when I said he had a little one on the way I got blasted and no one believed me until it actually happened. Followed by how I mentioned right when the thread of Lloydy leaving was posted that he was forced out/to retire and majority of people attacked me until I think (fog dog or someone else at that time was well respected on here) first replied saying I was talking a load of nonsense followed by a post an hour or so later where they replied saying that I was actually right and they had found out the same thing from their sources.

It pays to have Lloyds Aunty as a ‘God mum’ basically.
Got his training boots, training singlet with the orange sponsor on it along with his training tracksuit pants :wink:

Ahh old mate Lloyd. If a few of you remember back in the day when I said he had a little one on the way I got blasted and no one believed me until it actually happened. Followed by how I mentioned right when the thread of Lloydy leaving was posted that he was forced out/to retire and majority of people attacked me until I think (fog dog or someone else at that time was well respected on here) first replied saying I was talking a load of nonsense followed by a post an hour or so later where they replied saying that I was actually right and they had found out the same thing from their sources.

It pays to have Lloyds Aunty as a ‘God mum’ basically.
Got his training boots, training singlet with the orange sponsor on it along with his training tracksuit pants :wink:

I never doubt your juicy goss ever.

The Essendon Football club is now the most famous footy club in Australia. With the saga behind us in 2016, we are in for massive growth in members , revenues, and on field success.

This is not just rusted on lid-offed-ness, its just logical, but it does depend on us winning.
When it happens its going to make the followers of 17 other clubs mad as hell.

They can farkin suffer.

Is there training tomorrow (Tues 12th) that can be attended by general public?

Is there training tomorrow (Tues 12th) that can be attended by general public?

No

So that niggle that Heppell has. I’m a bit worried about it. Any chance he’ll get up for 2017. Fark me dead.

So that niggle that Heppell has. I'm a bit worried about it. Any chance he'll get up for 2017. Fark me dead.

Knowing us 4/12 players will come back with knocks.

Let’s put the word out they all have chronic OP.

Let's put the word out they all have chronic OP.

they do.