Christmas Open Session

Who else is already moist for next season. Chucked some cash on Langford for rising star, is laverde still eligible?

Already chucked a sneaky $50 on us to win the flag at $60. Babybombers16

I seem to do that every year (the pineapple on us for the flag). Hasn’t worked out so well yet

At $60 though and since we will win this year you’ll make all them losses back :wink:

Pears did not run at all in 2014. Up to 2015 he had built his upper body and legs into pretty much a muscle bound state and it has taken him a long time to develop running fitness again. He got better and better in the VFL after they sent him down back and by the end of the season he was just able to adapt to playing a passable game at AFL level.

Based on the way he played in the AFL at the end of the season, I would have him somewhere in the range 23-30: that is , “Depth”, but if he improved yet more it could make things interesting when we get to March 2016

Sheedy did the same thing to Matthew Lloyd and I don’t think it helped him much either, although he was such a good player that he still kicked a lot of goals. His heyday was 1999-2001, when he was not only strong but could run, and he played as an ordinary member of the forward line who happened to kick a shipload of goals because he spent a lot of time close to them. Later he was more of a stay-at-home full forward (except when Sheedy was trying unsuccessfully to make him into a centre half forward).

No, Pears has trimmed down a bit, no doubt imo.

Was the biggest surprise to me. The dedication he’s shown will hopefully translate into form. I really want the guy to succeed.

You only have to look at Jobe Watson for a lesson in how much difference being really fit makes. It’s a long time ago now, but in his first couple of years he rarely got a game, and when he did he rarely got a touch. He was slow, he was sluggish, he didn’t get the ball.

Then the penny dropped, and he spent the summer working his bum off, especially with boxing. He returned looking lean and hard and he’s never looked back.

The same thing happened with Joe Misiti. He played in the 1993 premiership as a kid, but then had a few years in the wilderness, a shadow of his early promise. He put on weight and he could barely get a touch. Then he saw the light, got himself really fit and hard over summer, and got leather poisoning week after week. And another premiership.

I suspect Pears’ extra padding was due at least as much to his injury problems as it was to any attitude problem, but it was obvious that he was carrying more than he should have been. If he’s got himself fit and lean, I expect we’ll see a very good player next year.

Sheedy also paid a visit to Mrs Misiti and told her Joe didnt need quite as much food as she liked him to eat.

No, Pears has trimmed down a bit, no doubt imo.

Was the biggest surprise to me. The dedication he’s shown will hopefully translate into form. I really want the guy to succeed.

You only have to look at Jobe Watson for a lesson in how much difference being really fit makes. It’s a long time ago now, but in his first couple of years he rarely got a game, and when he did he rarely got a touch. He was slow, he was sluggish, he didn’t get the ball.

Then the penny dropped, and he spent the summer working his bum off, especially with boxing. He returned looking lean and hard and he’s never looked back.

The same thing happened with Joe Misiti. He played in the 1993 premiership as a kid, but then had a few years in the wilderness, a shadow of his early promise. He put on weight and he could barely get a touch. Then he saw the light, got himself really fit and hard over summer, and got leather poisoning week after week. And another premiership.

I suspect Pears’ extra padding was due at least as much to his injury problems as it was to any attitude problem, but it was obvious that he was carrying more than he should have been. If he’s got himself fit and lean, I expect we’ll see a very good player next year.

Sheedy also paid a visit to Mrs Misiti and told her Joe didnt need quite as much food as she liked him to eat.

I should get that Kevin Jenny Craig Sheedy to drop by my house… I could do with shedding a kilo or two.

Pears did not run at all in 2014. Up to 2015 he had built his upper body and legs into pretty much a muscle bound state and it has taken him a long time to develop running fitness again. He got better and better in the VFL after they sent him down back and by the end of the season he was just able to adapt to playing a passable game at AFL level.

Based on the way he played in the AFL at the end of the season, I would have him somewhere in the range 23-30: that is , “Depth”, but if he improved yet more it could make things interesting when we get to March 2016

Sheedy did the same thing to Matthew Lloyd and I don’t think it helped him much either, although he was such a good player that he still kicked a lot of goals. His heyday was 1999-2001, when he was not only strong but could run, and he played as an ordinary member of the forward line who happened to kick a shipload of goals because he spent a lot of time close to them. Later he was more of a stay-at-home full forward (except when Sheedy was trying unsuccessfully to make him into a centre half forward).

Lloyd was huge in 00-01. He lost a yard when he did his big hammie, up to that he was still awesome.

Lloyd was huge in 00-01. He lost a yard when he did his big hammie, up to that he was still awesome.

Agree that it was the hammy injury that cost Lloyd big time.

When are they back into training?

Parish never stopped.

When are they back into training?

either tomorrow or Friday I believe. Have a feeling tomorrow. Open training session on Friday for anyone to see

He was at his absolute peak post 2000 until he did his hammy, although he still played some amazing football in 99/00.

testing

He was at his absolute peak post 2000 until he did his hammy, although he still played some amazing football in 99/00.

Kicked 96 in '04 did he not? What a player he was… prior to Knights.

Not a bad highlights package.

He had a better year in Knights’ first year than any of the 3 years before that, under Sheedy.

His body was rooted in 09, he kept getting torched by absolute spuds. Not much else the coach could’ve done about that.

I knew we’d get there soon enough. this should be fun.

I’m not sure but I think Jay Neagle just got disrespected there.

Jay Neagle gave me some of my most enjoyable first 3 minutes of first quarters EVER by ANYONE.

Rampaging out of full forward and splitting packs with his able rump, his luscious hair rustling in the breeze.

I'm not sure but I think Jay Neagle just got disrespected there.

Jay Neagle gave me some of my most enjoyable first 3 minutes of first quarters EVER by ANYONE.

Rampaging out of full forward and splitting packs with his able rump, his luscious hair rustling in the breeze.

:smiley: so true.

What garbage. So, so many posters gave Carlol shitt because he wouldn’t play where the team/coach needed him to & whinged about it, … but for Lloyd it was ok??

Fkn pls.

Sook of the highest order, really lowered his colours in my estimations of him as a bloke/player in his final 2 years, I was glad to see the back of him TBH.

What garbage. So, so many posters gave Carlol shitt because he wouldn't play where the team/coach needed him too & whinged about it, .. but for Lloyd it was ok??

Fkn pls.

Sook of the highest order, really lowered his colours in my estimations of him as a bloke/player in his final 2 years, I was glad to see the back of him TBH.

Yep, Carlisle and Lloyd are comparable players. Fkn pls.

Lol… er …Wut?