Clarkson sick

hopefully hawthorn fall in a heap now

Guillain-Barré is pretty damn terrifying.  Doctor I know was telling me about a patient at her hospital, got it, and was unable to move any muscle except his eyes for a full year.  Still was awake most of the day, mind perfectly functional, but Could Not Do Anything.  Trapped in a cage of meat, even less in control of his body than a quadruplegic.  Fed through a tube, crapped into a colostomy, could do nothing but watch TV, not even speak.  Even after coming out of an experience like that, dunno how sane you'd be afterwards

Eek.

That's very scary. They seem to be saying that he's not too bad and they caught it early... but have no idea how long it will take for him to recover enough to get back to work.

Wish him all the best for a full and speedy recovery.

Wish him all the best for a speedy recovery. All competitive angst aside as a person with a family you want everything to turn out well for Clarkson.

From a football perspective I cant stand the prick and hate the team he coaches even more.
From a human perspective I wouldn't wish this on anyone and hope he pulls through with a full recovery and no lasting consequences.
As in all thing, life is much bigger and more important than football. Get well Clarko so we can all get back to hating you and your team (from a football perspective of course).

That's basically where I'm at.

Good luck to him and his family getting through this.

Yep. Get better so we don't have to be nice to you anymore!

Missus works in neuro health, sees lots of pts with this. Kinda along similar line to MS except it generally goes away - some bounce back quickly, most take a while, some don't ever recover fully. 

Hammond and May will have to get a bit more involved without Clarkson around.

Hope Clarko gets well soon. Would not wish this upon anyone.

Having said this, I don't like the guy and he is a dead set prick!

He should keep his opinions to himself about other teams coaches!

He didn't have anything to say about his club being at the cutting edge of injection science!

Once again, I hope he does get well.

Hope Clarko gets well soon. Would not wish this upon anyone.
Having said this, I don't like the guy and he is a dead set prick!
He should keep his opinions to himself about other teams coaches!
He didn't have anything to say about his club being at the cutting edge of injection science!
Once again, I hope he does get well.

Pretty much my exact feelings on the whole thing

Apparently he is getting out of hospital and will continue to recover at home. 

Apparently he is getting out of hospital and will continue to recover at home. 

That is actually good news, it means that they got to this quickly and it has not developed into the worse-case scenario.  All the best Clarko.

Missus works in neuro health, sees lots of pts with this. Kinda along similar line to MS except it generally goes away - some bounce back quickly, most take a while, some don't ever recover fully. 

MS affects the central nervous system.

GBS affects the peripheral nervous system, which includes the Cranial nerves most of which have their neurons within the head.

Hopefully he's gonna be fine

MS affects the central nervous system.
GBS affects the peripheral nervous system, which includes the Cranial nerves most of which have their neurons within the head.
Yeah my expertise and understanding goes as far as "nerves stuff" so I am not surprised I've got it half wrong.

I wonder if he had a flu shot?

‘Clarko’

I wonder if he had a flu shot?

After the H1N1 pandemic and the increase in 'flu shots, there was an increase in GBS seen in North America. Here in Australia, it has been at around 1:100000 per year, or 35 or so in Victoria each year. I'm unsure of any rise associated with the innoculation program, but I'd presume there has been one.

very nasty condition to contract

Didnt ian stewart get the same disease, or something similar

Sounded quite chipper in a half time interview.  

As in all thing, life is much bigger and more important than football.

Pity hawk fans cant do the same in regards to Jobe's injury. But there you go,

As in all thing, life is much bigger and more important than football.

Pity hawk fans cant do the same in regards to Jobe's injury. But there you go,

Huh, what did they say?