Climate Change in Australia (Part 2)

Earliest ever 35+ recorded in Sydney yesterday with more to come tomorrow. Summer is still 2 months away!

Elsewhere:

There’s 2 shelter in place orders for fires in East Gippsland now.
One in Stratford (about 35km from Bairnsdale) and the other in Loch Sport (on 90 mile beach).

There is some relief on the way. Rain maybe 1-2 hours away from Lakes Entrance. Just how much rain anyones guess.

1 Like

But … but… plant food!

1 Like

We’re going to get our seventh day of mid-30s temps today in Sydney, and we’re not even 5 weeks into Spring. Astonishing! Normally it gets hotter out west, but the coastal towns have been about as hot as places like Penrith, where you would normally see temps 3-4 degrees hotter.

We are probably going to break all sorts of records this summer. It wouldn’t surprise me to see a 50C day.

1 Like

If we don’t hit 50 degrees this year I’d be very surprised

Too late to leave. In October.

My goodness.

1 Like

■■■■.

1 Like

Temperature is one thing. “Wet bulb temperature” is another but has not been talked about, at least in MSM. It will kill people. QLD and NSW more at risk than southern States.

4 Likes

I guess the saving grace with Sydney’s higher than average temps in the last month has been that the humidity has been low. Doubt that will last, though. A feature of our summers has been how humid it gets.

That phrase “cats & dogs” comes to mind.
Legitimately could be the heaviest rain I’ve ever seen/heard!

1 Like

3 Likes

You know what’s super wild?
Is that none of the media, mainstream or otherwise, is covering this.
The last two months have been In Sane.
Any normal news coverage would be like…next, on continuing examples of the world falling apart…

But, nope.
Ya don’t get nuffin’.

4 Likes

Super wild that the MSM with its pro-climate agenda hasn’t been giving this the coverage it merits

1 Like

Gippsland not good atm

They’re not going to report that our ecosystems are collapsing, they’ll avoid the scary stuff and keep shifting the goalposts. We know who owns the media and our governments. There will be just enough panic to support ad revenue.

2 Likes

Precisely, and they have financial interests in the neoliberal status quo. Hence a lack of honest reporting when it comes to climate change, particularly from NewsCorp.

2 Likes

I mean, damn.

2 Likes

Even though Rupert declared that NewsCorp would stop their climate change denial.

Bolt wasn’t gruntled.