Close Encounters With Famous People

I once got a free first class upgrade when I was travelling in the USA and sat next to Jon Stewart. Unsurprisingly he was a really nice guy

1 Like

The
F*ck
OUT!

1 Like

How did you not open up this thread with Taylor Hawkins?

4 Likes

And there it is… someone had to say it! :smiley:

2 Likes

I got to hold the 2016 premiership cup for 2 levels in an elevator.

Luke Darcy just handed it to me while he tied his shoe, in the same elevator as him, peter Gordon and Susan Alberti

3 Likes

3v6wd

4 Likes

Back in the mid 80’s, a couple of mates and I were in a line up at the Collandina hotel in Ocean Grove trying to buy tickets to see Frankie J Holden, ( which ended up being the start of the official Ol’ 55 reunion tour unbeknownst to us). So were in the carpark when a bloke pulls up in a Datsun 200B wagon, leans his head out and says " hey fellas, is this the Collandina pub?" To which we replied, " Yes Frankie, it is!!" Really disappointed he wasn’t in a 56 Customline…

2 Likes

I sat on a table next to Catriona Rowntree in a pub about 15 years ago

7 Likes

Some fantastic stories in here. Dingus and Benfti the clear winners.

1 Like

Pleeeeeeeease. They didn’t get seedy drunk and still manage to pick up Olympians.

3 Likes

But @The_Ant might yet be… he’s just elected to deliberately hold back information.

2 Likes

Hahahah. I went to Lauren Burns post Olympic gold medal party. Does that count?

1 Like

At a beach carpark in Queensland I once saw Tom Gleeson struggling to change his tyre. He had young kids and they were making a fuss. I helped him change the tyre and then we ended up having a beer together on the beach afterwards. Great guy to have a chat to and much much taller than you would think

4 Likes

Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Eric Singer and Doc McGhee manager of KISS outside a restaraunt in Perth one night in 2001 on one of their many final tours.

I must admit though that stalked them as I worked at the restaraunt and got a heads up from the owner of the restaraunt that they would be there that night.

3 Likes

Played cricket against John Barnes… one of our blokes made a century and won a slab from the bar. Johnny sat there and “helped” him polish it off. Was very generous with his time and signed autographs for the kids.

Great bloke.

3 Likes

I also have this vague memory of having a drunken conversation with a certain hated long jumping Olympian in the pub at Stawell as he was getting revved up to have a swing at a certain young lady that was later to become his wife.

2 Likes

Oh far out, I just remembered an entirely different encounter with not an Olympian but a Comm Games representative that I had completely forgotten about

1 Like

I only came into this thread to say it, but beaten to the punch.

3 Likes

On Flinders lane near exhibition street during a summer night.

The Williams sisters walk right past my group and I. They are fcking huge. Venus is almost my height (189cm), and Serena has the legs and glutes of a rhinoceros. Crazy power.

She was pushing a stroller.

1 Like

Don’t tell Diggers- he’ll have a conniption

2 Likes