Club logo/update? Nino has an idea

I like the way FarkCarlton is honouring their tradition of fat forwards.
Whitnall McClure Fevola etc etc.

1 Like

Many Essendon sports teams also use the current logo such as the Essendon Hockey Club, Essendon Rowing Club etc.

:ballot_box_with_check: I like that I have Nino on ignore and therefore canā€™t see his suggestion but based on his hysterical posting Iā€™m happy about that

1 Like

I have a problem that the F-16XL lost a competition to the Strike Eagle

2 Likes

Itā€™s the stupid swing wing thing, and thatā€™s the stylised intakes, but all those types have some sort of leading edge extension to smooth that transition.

Still, swing wings are so 70s.

I initially thought the swing wings were an F-111 thing, but on further reflection itā€™s obviously a B1B

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d really want to go to a B2, a Beaufort would be hard to put in a modern logo, and the RAAF doesnā€™t actually have a ā€œbomberā€ in its current fleet.

2 Likes

Agree that the intakes are supposed to be there but thereā€™s nowhere for the air to go in!
I feel like itā€™s a bit of a mash up of the F111 and the B2.
Not that I want to get too into it but Iā€™ve been looking at this crappy logo for 20+ years waiting for it to change. How did they they make the B2 look uncool?

Anyway Ninoā€™s right (at least partially).

1 Like

more blitz kissy lips logo

B1B I reckon

2 Likes

Not sure if itā€™s technically a bomber but the A10 Thunderbolt has always been the most intimidating looking bomber type plane for mine.

Just looks type a fkg tank. The type of plane that you see coming a mile away and just know itā€™s going to tear ā– ā– ā– ā–  apart.

1 Like

Strike aircraft, so not a bomber, but that gun in brutalā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s not diving. We are looking at it from above and in front. Itā€™s all a matter of perspective!

s-l400

17 Likes

Perspective eh?

To me, the nose is pointed downā€¦thereā€™s no other element within the logo to suggest otherwise.

But Iā€™m happy to agree to disagree :slight_smile:

yeh I have no knowledge of bomber planes whatsoever

1 Like

I get what youā€™re saying, but Iā€™m just saying what itā€™s supposed to represent.

Anyway, we might as well wait until the PC police make us change our nickname before we change the logoā€¦ :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Ha, I think you found the exact image the graphic designers started from!! If you trace that image the weird intake/pivot sections are pretty much exactly the same.

2 Likes

Always thought the B1 was a slightly odd choice, since itā€™s only used by US Airforce,

F/A 18F Super Hornet has a pretty silhouette:

But please letā€™s not use F35 (itā€™s got Essington written all over it)

1 Like

It is also ugly as sin.

However for everyone suggesting F-15s, F-16s, F/A-18s etc, these are fighter aircraft with secondary strike capability, not bombers.

It would be like the Hawks using an Eagle in their logo - close, but incorrect.

Letā€™s go old school and use the most visually pleasing of all ww2 bombers, the mosquito.

6 Likes

Skeeta!

2 Likes

I think our logo is now the oldest in the league by some margin (possibly along with St.Kildaā€™s).

Obviously it shouldnā€™t be americanised like the OP suggests but I think we should definitely replace it ASAP.

Be careful what you wish for, as some of the other clubsā€™ logos are abominations, e.g. Adelaide and Melbourne. (and some of the other short-lived sheisse that clubs have gone with since weā€™ve had our current logo.)

2 Likes