Clubs vs AFL

Yes, sarcasm IT.

Ours should have been external also and we might have looked at somebody other than the most obvious fall guy.

The review findings uncovered mostly things directly linked to Xavier.

3 Likes

Ok cool and completely agree.

1 Like

It’s not about getting one man. eg. just replacing Gillon would not help at all. We’d just get someone else the same or worse.

It needs a massive overhaul and that won’t happen with an internal review

ah… I missed the sarcasm

2 Likes

Ah, Richard Goyder. When it comes to AFL he has made Lindsay Tanner seem as present and outspoken as Eddie McGuire…

7 Likes

It would be very hypocritical if our president is one of the ones demanding that the review is independent. Yet I expect that is exactly the case.

Doubt we will be too vocal on the issue when our CEO has one eye on the AFL gravy train.

1 Like

Maybe, but two wrongs don’t make a right, so happy if he’s pushing for an independant review.

I’m all for an independent review. i just wish our club would practise what they preach.

1 Like

As I’ve said before, the AFL has about 25 execs that are paid more than 50% more than the Australian Prime Minister.

That’s 25 people who get paid more than approximately 800,000 a year. In a not for profit organisation.

TWENTY FIVE.

Meanwhile during the pandemic clubs had to lay off their community engagement officers, who actually do great work, and all get paid about 40,000 a year.

The joint has been an uncontrolled gravy train for Gil and his Xavier meathead mates for ever.

Burn it down.

21 Likes

Think how hard you have to work to make people, people who are willing to pay good money to stand in the rain in the freezing cold week in week out watching their team get thrashed, actively hate football. That doesn’t come cheap.

4 Likes

My understanding is that when the AFL Commission was formed, all Clubs gave up all of their rights, and are basically owned by AFL Inc.

Is our Club preaching? :thinking:

Going a little hard at this Stressed?

Gil has definitely aged since being in the CEO’s position. Maybe its even worse than being in politics.

A spot where? In jail.

1 Like

5 Likes

He certainly has

Others might have a better understanding, but compared to English Football Association (FA), The AFL is very large in comparison.

From my understanding, the FA’s administration of the Premier League is quite small. The TV rights go directly to the clubs. Which allows The clubs have more resources and are able to invest more into their community.
The FA takes a step back, and just administers the league and don’t interfere unless they need to.

1 Like

If a soccer club goes broke they get kicked out(Leeds) and some other club gets promoted. In the AFL that can’t happen and when a heap of clubs where nearly broke in the late 80’s the AFL was created to prevent the league from imploding from poorly run clubs.

2 Likes