Coaching Panel for 2014 season

Please keep this thread on coaching possibilities only.

I have reason to believe that we are very close to securing Nathan Bassett as an assistant for next season. Expect more noise on it after the SANFL grand final. Has been talking to North but we have made a late play.

I have reason to believe that we are very close to securing Nathan Bassett as an assistant for next season. Expect more noise on it after the SANFL. Has been talking to North but we have made a late play.

Yeah someone mentioned that in another thread. Apparently we are interviewing him on Wednesday????

That would have to be a positive. Getting rave reviews in the SANFL.

I have reason to believe that we are very close to securing Nathan Bassett as an assistant for next season. Expect more noise on it after the SANFL grand final. Has been talking to North but we have made a late play.

I was told he was burnt by North quite badly a few weeks ago, seemed to not see eye to eye over a few things. From what I was told there are a couple of absolute control freaks at North and the assistants havnt got much scope to work with.
Would be an amazing get for the club

That would have to be a positive. Getting rave reviews in the SANFL.

and as a player was one of the better defenders of the last decade.

FWIW i think a panel of

bomber - bassett - goodwin - harvs

would be an improvement.

fingers crossed the days of amateur hour from our so called "high performance" unit are behind us and we can look forward to a full season of high performance from the players.

That is an improvement. Gun coaching group.

I was told he was burnt by North quite badly a few weeks ago, seemed to not see eye to eye over a few things. From what I was told there are a couple of absolute control freaks at North and the assistants havnt got much scope to work with.
Would be an amazing get for the club

Posted this in the Rumour thread:

My source at Norwood has confirmed that the interview is on Wednesday. He also said that Bassett turned down North Melbourne because they wouldn't (possibly couldn't) offer him more than he was getting at Norwood. He is of the opinion that if we will pay him what all of our assistant coaches are getting, then he will "be on the next flight over" (after the GF of course). He also said we have spoken to Thomas, and that it's between us and Richmond. Hopefully if Bassett comes our way then Thomas will follow.

Hope Brad Scott’s really grumpy about it.

…Thomas?

GRANT THOMAS?

...Thomas?
GRANT THOMAS?

Matt Thomas

...Thomas?
GRANT THOMAS?

Matt Thomas

i was trying to remember why that name rung a bell

from wiki

In 2007, Thomas spent time in hospital, after complications from having his appendix removed. He lost 15 kg in just two weeks, after an abdominal infection following his appendix removal  

owwchhh

and if we take coaches off scott that can coach with the roof open im  all for basset )

Are we hounding him?

FWIW i think a panel of

would be an improvement.

fingers crossed the days of amateur hour from our so called "high performance" unit are behind i we can look forward to a full season of high performance from the players.

For sure.

We have tossed him a bone.

Is it a coincidence that the Saints CEO just resigned and we’re in need of a new permanent one?

FWIW i think a panel of

would be an improvement.

fingers crossed the days of amateur hour from our so called "high performance" unit are behind i we can look forward to a full season of high performance from the players.

For sure.

Any team without Egan in it would seem to be an improvement.

Been away for nearly a week so I have no idea what happened to the other thread. The one time I had internet access I noted that Bomber was reportedly rethinking his refusal. Am I allowed to ask if this report was or now is BS?

Been away for nearly a week so I have no idea what happened to the other thread. The one time I had internet access I noted that Bomber was reportedly rethinking his refusal. Am I allowed to ask if this report was or now is BS?

Don't be lazy. Go and read all 10 of the 50+ page threads that may or may not have the answer to your question!

(I have read them. I don't know the answer :))

Bomber is back in the mix for the top job.