Coaching Team Review - please make new plans for 2019

100%. That is why good systems make average players look good imho. A hawks player, for example, will have a clear idea before they get the ball of exactly where they are meant to go with it, and an expectation of who will be waiting to get it… so trusting that their team mates will be in the right place and not make them look bad.

I also think they have a plan a,b and c to adapt to the situation.

That is why you see so much quick movement and handpasses in the modern game… they are often disposing of it before they spot the target… it is instinctual/trained response

2 Likes

Richmond had been getting better at that for a couple of seasons.
I feel like not many people noticed.
Some mentioned it, but not many.
Most were focused on whether individual players for them were any good.

1 Like

Should go after Hodge as an assistant if he retires. Tough player and leader and fresh out of the game.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought he would bring his family up to Brissy for a one season swan song. I would suspect that he is walking straight into the Brisbane Coaches box when he decides his playing days are done. Unless his family decide that Brisbane is not to their liking.

2 Likes

Thats why he went to the Lions isn’t? He’ll play this year and move into coaching the next.

1 Like

Yes, that may be more prudent in hindsight but his extension was more likely based on previous performance to date.

They were clearly happy with what he had done and the direction of the club.

1 Like

Pfft… we have been doing that for years. That explains the amount of our handpasses that go to players’ feet, or someone under the hammer from two or more opponents.

1 Like

There inlies a big problem.

Collingwood have had alot of injuries this year, so theyve brought in young guys who do the stuff required.

Richmond did the same.

For it to work, senior players need to be dropped, jackson merrett is never the answer.

Sometimes the status quo needs to be broken in order to see the forrest feom the trees so to speak

1 Like

All I know is that on Anzac day our players didn’t know how to combat Collingwoods spread. I’m talking no idea at all who was responsible for who or what area tbey were looking after.

And it wasn’t just BJ.

Memo to Coaching staff:

-no more talk
-fix this ■■■■ or ■■■■ off.

1 Like

As fresh as this Lasaarrggggnne?

7 Likes

@scotty21 @stallion

AND I COME ALIVE

3 Likes

“And thus reaching our destination.”

Duck

18 Likes

Sorry but there is no game plan.

Aside from in my view the needlessness of Woosha’s extension at this time, the concerns/flaws around Neeld have been known within the club for sometime in some quarters, yet despite these concerns his role became more prominent and he seems to have been promoted. Completely illogical.

12 Likes

Yep, young guys can probably pull off a gameplan like ‘run all day, tackle like a maniac, handball backwards when in trouble’ just as well as a more experienced player… likely do a better job because they won’t question the tactics or look to play actual footy.

The game’s going through an ugly phase at the moment - you gotta play ugly to win.

He must have an advocate in there somewhere. Someone pushing his barrow?

I hope you’re wrong.
For example… who do you think we should delist this year?

Time is money

1 Like

Don’t we just get our assistant coaches when they get sacked from other head coach jobs? Have to wait til end of the year.

1 Like