Coaching Team Review - please make new plans for 2019

It’s time to start targeting people from opposition clubs, for roles in the football department.

I don’t care if we need to replace bootstudders who have been doing the job since 1954. We need to go and get the best people in every role. We need to start paying outside the footy department salary cap.

To change the culture, we need to change the people. We need to change people at all levels.

3 Likes

We have had the following Essendon people st the club in the last decade.

James hird
Bomber Thompson
Mark Harvey
Simon madden
Chris Heffernan
Sean wellman

Still haven’t won a final, Essendon people doesn’t mean anything.

3 Likes

Lloyd was as well.

Yeah Lloyd was farked over.

Would’ve made it to 1000 career with any other coach in charge.

3 Likes

We have new coaching staff, new players and New administration staff who are saying; “the supporters need to be patient and trust us” while getting frustrated about the supporter reaction.

I’m sorry but NO.

Employees and players at the club, come and go every f*cking year. Supporters have been here, sitting through this mess for 16-17 years.

Do you think WA or SA clubs tell their supporters to be patient if they havent made the top 4 within 2-3 years?

No f*cking way. If you don’t perform, everyone is thrown out the door.

4 Likes

Disagree

Just saw North beat Swans in Sydney with what everybody said was a bottom 4 list, only six months after we got our pants pulled down there in a final.

I get it’s never as bad as it seems and never as good as it seems so I should have patience like the club is saying. But after 5 years of ■■■■, I don’t have any for what is bland any mismanagement of our players.

I hate the Scott brothers, but how is it they can both put up decent performing teams after a having 1-2 years of ■■■■. Yet we are supposed to drink the whole it takes time to gel story.

Because Danger and Selwood too years to learn to play together, so too Ablett. The Kelly kid, gee he has several years of learning to do before he can perform.

Our club keeps giving people excuses, reason why poor performance is accepted. Based on this myth it will one day turn around.

Well ■■■■ you, your wrong.

We have the best list under 23 in the comp, 7 all Australians, two rising star winners and a bunch of kids thumping the door down.

It ain’t the players, and I’m sick of the ■■■■ coming our the club board (nothing) and management, slightly above nothing.

I don’t care about the cost, I want a clean sweep from Dan Richardson below including the list manager. Time let him, Luke ball and whoever else build something from scratch. We’ve been flogging this dead horse for too long. Time to find another ride.

8 Likes

We’ve had non essendon people come in and try and clean out the place
We’ve had essendon people come in and try and clean out the place. The place is so ■■■■■■■ dirty and has such a strong stench that you need to bulldoze it down and start again. But we still have people who are too scared to do it, because it’s not the essendon way

For some reason Heppell escapes any scrutiny from the media at all.

Joe is effectively the only one copping it for some reason.

I would like to see Heppell cop it so we can see how he reacts and how the club reacts as a whole.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Tingle Phase, Slur Phase…

Too many failed coaches on staff currently. Neeld was a terrible man manager at Melbourne and yet he smirks around our corridors now. How come? And I’m convinced Mark Harvey is quite mad. I’ve seen him interviewed a few times this year and he cracks gags and pulls faces for the first 10 minutes. All that crap has to go now. We, the card carrying EFC supporters are desperate for success and we will trash everybody and everything in order to achieve this. We have been through too much in the last 6 years and success is what we crave and all we will settle for. You’re on notice, Woosha. Get us this or get out!

1 Like

the problem is, they mostly come in and try and clean up the list outside the supposed best playing 22.

the cycle is
coach backs in senior players to get the job done.
senior players don’t get job done and live off of their name and supposed past deeds, which ironically are nothing to write home about.
young guys don’t get developed or used, unless absolutely necessary.
some starting 22 players retire, or decide to move on, and we replace them with the next inline in the pecking order and repeat the process.

to break the cycle, we need a new coach and coaching panel to come in and gut the list.
hurley needs to go
goddard ditto
zaka
myers gone

hooker is 50 50 simply due to age.

at present, this year and maybe next is were all the bad habits get passed onto the new generation.
parish, zerrett, mcgrath stewart, tippa, fanta etc become fully fledged essington members and continue it on.

what i don’t get is, why are any coaches that come into this joint believing that the players that we’ve had in the past, who have done nothing, are the way forward.
who or what force behind the scenes is going yep that myers bloke, he’s an awesome leader amongst men, he has to play even and every week.
zaka he’s fully sick and an essendon boy growing up, he’s a must in the team.

who is passing this on to the new coaches that come in, and why can’t anyone who comes into this club see it.

supposedly the only one who could see it, was ■■■■■■ off his head on drugs.

4 Likes

Repeating this ad nauseam but there is one key thing that has changed from last year.

In 2017 we were one of the highest scoring teams in the league and very exciting team to watch. Our midfield pressure was not there however, some change in personnel/midfield combinations & a greater focus on it should have been all it took. Not a complete overhaul.

Coaching review happened however, McKenna moved on, and overhaul of midfield strategy led by Neeld who is also head of game performance for entire side. Skipworth taking over midfield. Corrigan whose an even bigger nobody than Skipworth taking over forward line.

Rob Kerr, and CEO + board who signed off on this are responsible for this mess.

If you have a coaching review you’d expect you’d be attempting to improve the strength of the coaching group.

Instead we have a person who was an abject failure at introducing a game plan he knew inside out to another team now responsible for ours. And other line coaches with zero credibility.

We have talent but the team has gone backwards which means that the game plan is either… garbage & not suited to our playing group … or that the teaching methodology is lacking … or both.

I’d suggest it’s both. As per exactly what happened with Neeld at Melbourne. He’s got no idea!

Worsfold requested to get people around him with better strategic skillset and we installed this muppet as effectively his right hand man and line coaches who’ve never played in or been involved with coaching in a successful AFL organization.

We should be done over for poor governance again by the AFL because our executive and football department are ■■■■■■■ dumb as dogshit

And then there are the players who are equally dumb. Responsibility lies with them to execute basic farking skills & use their brains to quickly decide if right decision or not which they don’t.

9 Likes

…holy fkn ■■■■ I agree with him

I dont’ think mckenna was any good as a coach either. i think we replaced bog average with ■■■■■■■ ■■■■.

2 Likes

I don’t know reckon the players liked McKenna made players enjoy thier footy.

our midfield was ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ last year make no mistake.

Reckon our midfield was better last year compared to this year

1 Like

We don’t make finals without the midfield functioning reasonably well.

We don’t have one of the highest scoring teams in league without midfield functioning reasonably well. It has to get down there. Although we were very efficient via limited entries.

This was all off the back of majority of our experienced senior mids struggling physically & mentally throughout year. Watson, Hep, Myers, Colyer, Stanton, Howlett & Hocking.

The challenges the group faced were unprecedented. As such McKenna did a great job all things considered IMO, including also having Zerrett AA & getting Zaka playing his best footy.

If McKenna wasn’t seen to be the man moving forward, in trying to be ruthlessly proactive with the coaching review it had to only be for someone PROVEN to be much better.

Instead we got Neeld & Skippy.

And here we are.

1 Like