Coffee machines

I used to work with an Italian girl who wanted to buy a machine for her dad. But he complained that it was never hot enough, so stuck with his stove-top espresso pot. 15 years ago, though.

Offices. Or anywhere where time and consistency are the priorities.

I have one at home. It served itā€™s purpose, but time for new machine.

How cute is the Bialetti 1 Cupā€¦

2 Likes

I like it strong and full-flavoured as well and buy the Hairy Chest from here:

$50 a kilo, not sure what they charge to ship it though. Itā€™s beautiful and also goes well with soy if thatā€™s what you like. Roast date is never more than a week. Keep your beans in the dark, they donā€™t like light. I have never frozen my beans, so canā€™t help you there. I use it with my Lelit, which is a little beauty and has served us well for 2 years now.

Store our beans in one of these (keeps 'em fresh for weeks)

1 Like

Roast date? Mine only gets a mild rash at worst, normally clears up in a few days.

Or as my father in law calls it, ā€œReal Coffeeā€.

As you can imagine, heā€™s a treat.

1 Like

Please ask him what vessel he brews in ?

I believe its this one

3 Likes

The only coffee we drink comes from Bialettis at my place.

Whilst here, I wondered if anyone knew where to get a replacement black ā€˜topā€™? That little black thing to help lift the lid.

Iā€™ve been on the bialetti website and eBay and found all other parts except that

Just use something unique and fancy that you have lying around the house, and super glue it on.

2 Likes

I still have the top, but itā€™s ā€˜threadedā€™ and the screw falls out.

Wonā€™t super glue fail with all the repeated heat?

• Fast and permanent repairs to items
  • Can be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined or painted one hour after mixing
  • Heat resistant to 120Ā°C

Selleys Knead It Steel is a hand kneadable, fast setting, non-rusting co-extruded epoxy repair system that can be used for repairing ferrous and aluminium metal items. It comes in a handy roll form hardening in three to five minutes after mixing and can be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined or painted.

4 Likes

You can let him know that in China they have sachets with milk powder and sugar also included. China is not big on coffee yet so some of the hotels provide this crap for the crazy foreigners.

@barnz

What is your favourite pour over equipment you use ?
Hario, Chemex, otherā€¦ ?

1 Like

Iā€™ve only used chemex. But it was a friends set up. Like I said before. I only ā– ā– ā– ā–  with espresso cos thatā€™s what I was trained on and what I spent ages refurbishing.

1 Like

Alright cheers.
You recommended to someone earlier in the thread to learn to do good pour overs, so I assumed itā€™s a method you also use.

nah, its just a great cost effective method. donā€™t need a 3k double boiler/ heat exchanger machine, donā€™t need as good a grinder as you donā€™t have it as fine as espresso.

1 Like

Nothing in that says food safe.

Plastic 2cuo V60 literally everyday of the week at home. I always have a batch brew from the local at work and sometimes an espresso if a single origin if they want my opinion or Iā€™m interested in a new coffee/current crop of a previous fav.

1 Like