Coffee Places

I found a coffee beans thread, and a coffee machine thread, but not coffee place thread.
Feel free to merge.

Was in Hawthorn a couple of days ago, just off the station for a haircut.
Got two short macchiatos.

The first was from a hole in the wall there. Didn’t catch the name of the place.
But it was just no surprises, good quality coffee.

Got the second one about an hour and a half later from Oscar Mike, which is more of a proper coffee shop.

There was a marked difference from the hole in the wall place. All sorts of interesting flavours that I wasn’t really expecting.
Good though.

I preferred the first one because I like my coffee to just be coffee, really.
But I’m glad I tried Oscar Mike’s.

If anyone knows good places in Hawthorn, Camberwell, Box Hill, Ringwood, Mooroolbark, Lilydale, I’d be interested.

sometimes i like my 5 flavour infused cold milk frothie shake.

I was told that Mastic in Kew (George Calombaris cafe next door to Hellenic Republic) makes a good coffee. 26 Cotham Rd Kew (Kew Junction). I haven’t tried it myself.

Not that it’s anywhere near Hawthorn, but if you’re ever in Wodonga - Coffee Mamma. 190 High Street.

I had the best iced coffee I’ve every had at Johnny Pump in Essendon. @matrixgeek can give more details about their coffee beans!

Foxtrot Charlie in Brunswick.

Quoted Post

I had the best iced coffee I've every had at Johnny Pump in Essendon. @matrixgeek can give more details about their coffee beans!

Heh…I’m there quite often, never tried it, and love iced coffee…so Ta!

Proud Mary in Collingwood was dope.

Quoted Post

was that the place we went morning of #standbyhird ?

if so yes that was good.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

if so yes that was good.

mmhmm

Defo going back there if I get to Melbs this year.

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

if so yes that was good.

mmhmm

you’re welcome :wink:

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

if so yes that was good.

mmhmm

Did you go the steam-punk looking filtered one?

Quoted Post

I found a coffee beans thread, and a coffee machine thread, but not coffee place thread. Feel free to merge.

The first was from a hole in the wall there. Didn’t catch the name of the place.

Got the second one about an hour and a half later from Oscar Mike, which is more of a proper coffee shop.

There was a marked difference from the hole in the wall place. All sorts of interesting flavours that I wasn’t really expecting.
Good though.

If anyone knows good places in Hawthorn, Camberwell, Box Hill, Ringwood, Mooroolbark, Lilydale, I’d be interested.

I worked in glenferrie rd hawthorn for about 12 months building the aquatic center. I thought the coffee place right under the train bridge on Glenferrie rd was the best coffee you could get there, at least before 7.00am.

Goodluck

I follow Market Lane on Instagram, never been there but it looks dope too.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

if so yes that was good.

mmhmm

Did you go the steam-punk looking filtered one?

I … think so?

Quoted Post
I found a coffee beans thread, and a coffee machine thread, but not coffee place thread. Feel free to merge.

Good though.

I worked in glenferrie rd hawthorn for about 12 months building the aquatic center. I thought the coffee place right under the train bridge on Glenferrie rd was the best coffee you could get there, at least before 7.00am.

Goodluck

The perpetually poorly lit one, Mario's I think? A tiny little bit down the hill from the train tracks?

Used to get coffee there when I was at Uni. Tis good.
Food (quality, price, selection) isn’t.

That’s the one. Nothing flash about it that’s for sure. Can’t say I ever ate there or saw anyone else eating there. It was all about the coffee.

There is a little place in Hue, l visited last year when l was down here with a friend. We had a couple of coffee goat shots. then we went to the Ming Mang tomb. After an hour there, we decided to ride back to the same coffee shop for a couple more. We both agreed it was the best coffee we had in Vietnam. Yum.

Devour.