Coffee Places

Excellent.

Brisbane CBD
Coffee Anthology
And with not 1, but 2 Asian Baristas. Admittedly there’s some other hipster bearded guy, but no complaints in the brew.

For the record if you’re ever in Toowoomba…

Ground Up - Laneway coffee shop using Toby’s Estate
Firefly - Cafe/Restaurant using Coffee Supreme

They’re the best two, then try Bunker Records. Or Findo’s, who roast their own coffee so the beans are amazingly fresh in an Aeropress but the coffee they make I really don’t care for.

Another on GC is Hide’n Seek Espresso at Miami using Toby’s Estate.

Always have the Wooloomooloo blend on the grinders and another single origin which is always high quality. Also do a nice cold drip for those hot days.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
We found a great little cafe in Bermagui, NSW called Mr Jones. Easily the best coffee of our January roadtrip to Sydney & back via coast / high country. And for extra appeal, its next to an artisan Gelato place run by ex-pat Italians.

Both of those places are superb. Bermagui is a great food town. Did you get fish and chips from the Saltwater Cafe too?

Sure did. To be honest, Saltwater F&Cs didn’t meet expectations. Perhaps it was a bad night…
Great part of Oz though, Southern NSW.

Disappointing…

But yep, great part of the world for sure. My dads aunt is in Bermagui, and I reckon dad will retire there in 10 or so years.

Has the new Woolies been built yet? Locals weren’t keen on its pending arrival. Can’t say I blame them either. Will kill off the local business.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
We found a great little cafe in Bermagui, NSW called Mr Jones. Easily the best coffee of our January roadtrip to Sydney & back via coast / high country. And for extra appeal, its next to an artisan Gelato place run by ex-pat Italians.

Both of those places are superb. Bermagui is a great food town. Did you get fish and chips from the Saltwater Cafe too?

Sure did. To be honest, Saltwater F&Cs didn’t meet expectations. Perhaps it was a bad night…
Great part of Oz though, Southern NSW.

Disappointing…

But yep, great part of the world for sure. My dads aunt is in Bermagui, and I reckon dad will retire there in 10 or so years.

Has the new Woolies been built yet? Locals weren’t keen on its pending arrival. Can’t say I blame them either. Will kill off the local business.

Didn’t see a Woolies. Just a Foodworks on the main drag near the pub.

Quoted Post

Penny Farthing, High St, Northcote is my current fave.

I live in Sumner Estate pocket of N’cote, so have quite a few decent places within a 10-15 min walk:
Milkwood on Nicholson St.
New Day Rising on Blyth/Arthurton.
The Herbert on Herbert St.
Pope Joan on Nicholson St.
Julio on Miller St.
Growers on St Georges Rd.
Green Park on Park St.

But will walk up the hill to Penny Farthing by choice.

Any one know of good coffee around Spencer / Flinders St corner / Jeff’s Shed area?

Head To Brother Baba Budan on Lt Bourke st. You will recognise it by the chairs. They are hanging from the ceiling.

Quoted Post

I spend at least $50 a week on coffee. Is this normal?

It’s a very attractive quality in a woman!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

I don’t see how? Confused.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

I don’t see how? Confused.

Im just saying it’s good to be obsessed with coffee. It’s a nice, social addiction to have.
I’d drink 4 a day but I take a lot of pleasure in making my own so probably only buy 1 of them.
Remember when people were drinking tea instead of coffee? (Shudder)

The Salford Lads Club in Port Melbourne makes a great coffee as does Clement at the Sth Melbourne market. Coffee and Dim Sims at the same location… What else do you need?
Obviously St Ali is very good too, but then we all know that already.

Top Paddock; 658 Church Street Richmond

…sensational food, rustic organic and tasty cuisine.

Coffee, is Top Shelf

I am in favour of pics in this thread, I don’t care if it’s all instagrammy and uncool.

Pics are great . Terms like ‘rustic organic’ on the other hand…

Looks more like a pub that got bought and stainless steeled for the yuppies than rustic organic.
Still looks airy and comfortable though.

wimmera1

Top Paddock was rated Melbourne’s best new cafe (2014).

the site was a car park originally and was designed from scratch. very hard to get a seat most of the time…a good sign that the food, service and coffee are first class. One of my top 3 places in melbourne.

I reckon you may enjoy it. (and a good chance of bumping into AFl stars - although they tend to be Richmond and carlton clowns)

http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/collection-1/melbournes-best-coffee-the-age-good-cafe-guide-awards-2014-20140616-3a7ji.html

Quoted Post

Pics are great . Terms like 'rustic organic' on the other hand....

Coffee from No Name Lane yesterday was MEHHHHHH with a capital M… and the other letters.

My barista was talking about Top Paddock today. Likes it and says he wish he had that kind of cash to make a fancy place.

You didn’t get the hint? He wants you to sell your house and move to melbourne to start up a coffee shop where you’re not sitting on a milk crate.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Pics are great . Terms like 'rustic organic' on the other hand....

Coffee from No Name Lane yesterday was MEHHHHHH with a capital M… and the other letters.

yeah haven’t been there in ages, was getting too pretentious, like most of the GC.