Collectables

Pffft! Did YOUR PM get to play the ukelele?

2 Likes

Back in 1991 my mates and I were right into collecting this trash. We weren’t supportive of the war, but in some farked kind of way these were interesting to us.

Don’t think I ever had the Saddam card, but def got bush tucked away somewhere.

3 Likes

Had, and probably still do have a bunch of these in a tub. Looking at the prices, it might be worth seeing if I have any of the high value ones. Pretty disgraceful content on some of them, but there you go

2 Likes

Last thing from me.

At the NGV a decade ago, they had an exhibition on skateboard art, where a bunch of local and up and coming street artists would put artwork onto new or old decks.

There was some really cool stuff there, and at the end of the exhibition they were sold. I bought this one based on the fact the artist has a tonne of work around Melbourne, it was in the NGV, the $ went to charity and maybe the artist (Deb) becomes the next Banksy?

3 Likes

I d love to ri…

Actually I’ll stop right there.

Looks awesome.

As far as decks go, it’s pretty thrashed, but it could be skated on. Just looking for somewhere to mount it.

Squatter was for when you wanted to play for sheep stations.
Only remember playing it once.

1 Like

I had early 90s MJ cards. Mum threw em out :worried:

I had a midnight oil blue sky mining, portrait size - as in 1.2 x .5 - framed and signed from when I lived on Gold Coast.

Pride and joy.

Dad got sick of me living back at home and threw it on the tip.

He’s very ill now, so that does give me some comfort.

Harsh, but justified.

My brother has our entire collection of Star Wars figurines from when we were kids. He found the box at Mum and Dads and laid claim to them. Some are in great condition, some are terrible (one was lost in a hedge for several years and is now half brown-half normal colours). I’m going to have steal my ones back next time I’m at his place.

1 Like

Disregard.

Had? The shogun is definitely collectable. I’ve been looking to replace the Raydeen I had as a kid but they are hard to find & pricey.

I’ve got about 100 loose & 80 odd packets of star wars figures from the 70’s-90’s plus a heap of ships & vehicles of varying sizes. I was lucky enough to get #6 of 100 released of The Last Starfighter figures which are now worth at least 4 times what I paid & an assortment of figures from movies & TV including Buffy, LOTR, Planet of the Apes, Battlestar Galactica & horror movie characters (classics & 80’s). I’ve also got a few He-man figures that weren’t that common like Mosquitor. I’ve just started collecting some figures from the Mandalorian & Bobba series even though they won’t be rare any time soon there are still some good figures that will hold their value.

3 Likes

I have a full set of 1989 footy cards. Also had a full set of 1986 WWF wrestling cards but my dumbass cousin lost card number 1 - Hulk Hogan!

My parents have two huge tubs of Lego from my brother and I when we were young. My kids drag it out whenever we are there. It has heaps of space and knights sets all jumbled up, but they still have the instructions for them all. Would be worth a fair bit now.

2 Likes

That’s weird, Thats the only full set I had also.

I was close to finishing 1990 but lost interest towards the end for some reason.

Fkng sumich.

1 Like

Our home ground is Marvel Stadium and most of you will know Marvel’s biggest character is Spiderman.

He first appeared about 60 years ago in this comic:

A few weeks ago a “near Mint” copy sold for $3.6 million. That’s in US bucks. It probably would have sold for more but the online auction house did not build in enough bandwidth and the amount of interest cased a DDOS collapse.

So consider that 60 years ago, you could have bought this for under a shilling (10c) and it would now be worth over A$5 million!

3 Likes

This went for 1.5 recently. Twice as old.

1 Like

Now that is the interior of an Australian Ute as you can get.

Gave all my old Holden/Brock posters to an enthusiast friend when I moved house. It speaks to his character that he said ‘hey you might want to keep these, especially this one, it sells for $800 up on line.’
Thinking of framing it and giving it back to him.

4 Likes

Bought a Boba Fett helmet from there some years ago.