Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

Remind me why we were banned for the drugz again.

Go back to the Pies board Eddie

10 weeks seems fair to me considering Collingwood had a previous player get done for the same thing, right? Wallis also got 14 weeks and he wasn’t even playing or directly involved.

1 Like

Exactly right.

This guy is a joke and a fraud. He gambled on games he played in (albeit $36, big deal) but for me, he has disgraced himself and his family by trying to paint himself in good light.

He was lamenting losing a bet after the game, was then told by Howe ‘you better go tell the club about this’ and it all unravelled from there. Yet, he spins a story how he placed a couple of bets at a mates place and then after a 3rd bet was racked with guilt and the feeling he was doing something wrong and decided to turn himself in. Liar.

He got caught, and only because he is an idiot and outed himself.

And then to read this…

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-nathan-buckley-lauds-jeremy-howe-for-true-leadership-during-jaidyn-stephenson-betting-timeline/news-story/927cde9e22fb06812b358a6a3d1d38b7

Buckley revealed he found out around “three weeks ago” about Stephenson’s issue, but added he didn’t know the full details and never contemplated leaving the forward out of the senior team.

He said it was only this week when he had the first discussion with Stephenson about the latter’s betting, but insisted he’s “not angry with him”.

Buckley said his high opinion of Stephenson hadn’t changed and felt he would learn and grow from the experience.

“He’s a good young man,” Buckley said.

“My opinion of him and esteem of him has only risen in the last month the way he has handled this situation.

“It will set him in good stead, it will teach him and any others a pretty strong lesson.”

So Bucks opinion of him has risen since the player and his club openly lied about what transpired? It never changes, the AFL, Collingwood, Eddie, Bucks et al… its an absolute disgrace and ever since our club got reamed this stuff makes me furious.

(Everyones known for 3 weeks? Why didn’t the story come out straight away?.. :rage:

7 Likes

“I made a mistake” gets put out there way too much… please you knew it was wrong, but did it anyway.

How about a young player actually speak the truth more along the lines of…

“I broke the law, willingly, and without remorse and I was caught”.

After reading through the entire story, I have concluded this…

He could be the dumbest human being in the AFL system. I cannot fathom the level of stupidity to do what he did. Most AFL players are pretty dumb in general, but this guy is ‘next level dumb’.

It has nothing to do with how old he is. He is worryingly stupid.

Thank god he can play football.

5 Likes

What was Bucks thinking? “oh well, the penalty hasn’t been handed down yet… he’s good to go”…

He is more highly esteemed because he illegally bet on his own team. That’s next level screwy. Dane Swan must be a God.

OK mr tabcorp. How about you get the f**k out of our game?

:wink:

The answer you seek… Is peyermateerlee…

…peyermateerlee

4 Likes

DO THE MOUNTAIN

DUDE… I got nothin’ for Aussee football

1 Like

PREACH THE REACH

The even is this? Assume it’s a current betting slogan.

Knowing this, can punters be able to seek a refund for any bets laid on that game knowing that it’s was corrupted?!

This is one of the AFLs biggest fears. It’s the reason that they never come out after a close game and say they got it wrong (us v Pies, us v Swans). They only say they got umpiring wrong in games when it wont change the outcome either way. It’s all about keeping the ‘integrity’ of peoples bets. Lot’s of money involved. The Sun reported today that there’s an average of $9mil bet per game.

4 Likes

Hun reporting that the bets were placed on his own account. If correct did the bookies report his 3 bets to the AFL?
Wallis and Melksham were investigated by the AFL after the bookies reported them.

Yep.

1 Like

It’s only fair given they had $50 on the outcome.

It’s kind of like that couple who are pregnant again saying it was an accident. Really? Do we need to have the talk with you?

2 Likes