Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

It’s beyond a joke they do coke admit to it, they walk the talk like they are still in Melbourne 90’s circa gang land drug trade, and get away with it. they have so much protection. If any Essendon player behaved like some of them they would be persecuted, like Hurley back way back when he jobbed the Taxi dude.

1 Like

Didn’t they player die in las vagas on an overseas trip

Has Murray’s B sample ever come back?

3 Likes

Played for Port at the time

I can’t believe they are the darling club of the AFL oh yes that’s right Eddie “Swine” Mcguire , look at what you are making a team of tattooed ■■■■■■■ thugs.

1 Like

Whoops thanks!

Yeah they get away with stuff all the time!

Regardless of the circumstances the precedent has been set with the Shaw case. In the aftermath of that case the AFL told us how they had put in place a player education program that all players were supposed to attend so that they were made acutely ware of the dangers and consequences of being involved in betting on footy (and all gambling for that matter).

It is a stain on himself, his club and worst of all the reputation of the AFL (and that is all Gil et al will be worried about). Shaw received an eight week suspension so Stephenson should get at least that much or perhaps even the rest of the season so it sends the right message to everybody involved with AFL Football that this behaviour will not be tolerated.

Anything less than that will be a PR disaster for the AFL. But they are so much on the nose at the moment that another poop on the front porch at HQ will just be swept away like everything else they touch.

I predict that Stephenson will get a bit of niggle on the field and lot of abuse and booing from opposition supporters.

Our great game is in really good hands.

8 Likes

Hang on.

If it happened a couple of weeks ago, how come he’s not before the tribunal, and how is he even playing this week?

2 Likes

AFL had to keep it under wraps until they needed to divert attention from Gil.

4 Likes

What an unsolvable mystery! Who did it?

Wait I think I got it - was it Colonel Mustard in AFL HQ with the great distraction?

6 Likes

What a Mong head!

Good footballer but fits the mould of the typical below average intelligence commonly found @ Collingwood.

Guess he got some good odds

1 Like

Pete Rose, the all time hit leader in MLB, was banned for life for gambling on matches, even when he was manager of the Reds. He only ever backed his team to win.

Problem is…is he sending a message when he doesn’t bet?

Never made it to the Hall of Fame. Commissioner who banned him was Bart Giamatti, father of actor Paul (Billions, Sideways, John Adams).

The suspicion is that the ban will never be rescinded because Giamatti died a short while after imposing the ban and it would seem disrespectful to him to overturn his wishes.

3 Likes

Someone give Jake Niall and Sam McClure a Walkley …

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said on Tuesday afternoon he was not going to make any comment about anything that may or may not be before the AFL integrity department.

“I’m not going to make any comment about anything that may or may not be before the integrity department,” McLachlan said.

“I haven’t made any comment about any player being investigated about anything.”

3 Likes

Why are you posting their theme song here?

13 Likes

Doesn’t it just make your blood boil

3 Likes

Well, they’re playing Sunday.

Better make a comment pretty fkn quick.

It least they are reporting accurately for a change

Betting on player markets like he did is much worse than betting on the outcome of the game. They’re easier to fix.

So an announcement today I’d presume.
Shaw got 14 with him serving 8 and 6 being held over. I’d suspect Stephenson’s penalty will be similar. May be back for finals if he is lucky

1 Like