Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

It was the CLEN talking

5 Likes

I agree with you. That’s why he copped 10 weeks. It would be a lot more for match fixing.

Mate, everyone knows what the word ‘collusion’ means - thanks for the English lesson.

There is no suggestion or evidence that he colluded. Winning all three bets, because it’s unlikely, would suggest collusion… but it didn’t happen. Capisce?

Another example of Collingwood bringing the game ibto disrepute. But move on let’s not question the leadership and culture of the club.

Honestly why do we follow this corruptedly administered sport.

1 Like

Has been known since after rd9

Absolute farking farce he wasn’t suspended by the club pending the investigation /AFL didn’t step him down on the spot

But was allowed to play on…

Rd10 vs Swans. Pies won by 7pts

• 13 possessions. 1goal 1 behind. 6 tackles

Rd 11 vs Freo. Pies LOST by 4pts

• 12 possessions. 1goal. 3 tackles.

Rd12 vs Melb. Pies won by 41

• 19 possessions. 3goals. 3 behinds. 3 tackles.
  • 2 goal assists. 11 score involvements.

Was a massive influence on Queens Bday

If you were Swans or Dees would be fuming

Whole scenario is very very stinky

Who covered it up until now? Pies or AFL or both?

And if it wasn’t for Gil copping so much heat of late how many more weeks would it have been covered up for?

6 Likes

Let’s not eat our own in here

When was that?

No, they go on to run the AFL.

14 Likes

People should chill a little. He’s a young bloke who made a silly mistake and has copped an appropriate penalty. Please remember that there’s a bloke or 2 on our list who have been accused of this (let’s not go into it). It’s fun to pick on Collingwood but keep things in perspective. Good people do idiotic things.

2 Likes

Not convinced & you simply can’t prove it.

We can all agree that the kids not bright.
Doesn’t mean he didn’t try.
Losing the bets is irrelevant.
This is actually the heart of the matter here. That he could try and influence or fix the game, and that he had a reason to do so.

If you can’t see this, don’t bother to reply.

1 Like

I think the point is if you intentionally go out to manipulate an outcome for financial gain in your preferred profession, whatever it is, business , professional sports, and manage to escape with your job intact you have done well. In this case Stephenson I feel has got off lightly, my opinion only, means fark all. He’s club has been punished before for the same thing, guaranteed to have betting education engraved in he’s head from the moment he walked in the door and still thought it was wise to bet not once but 3 different times.

This bloke is one of the biggest dropkicks going around

15 Likes

Goodness me no and how dare you. The very notion of impropriety within the AFL is laughable and offensive.

Kind of amazed that he hasn’t been done for match fixing.

He’s literally bet on the outcome of games that he was playing in. Can say they were “Collingwood positive”, but he wasn’t placing outright bets - he was taking margins.

This means he made bad decisions to keep it within certain margins, missed shots, turned the ball over etc. He’s potentially changed the outcome of games to get a bet up and… 10 weeks?

Fk me.

13 Likes

Possible “get out of jail free card” defences that might help reduce his sanction.

• The “mental health issues” card. Poor young kid, dealing with the demands of elite sport. There are many players either with real problems or fake problems.

• The " gambling addiction" card. Is an issue which is rampant in the AFL.

• Went to sleep in the AFLPA competition integrity lecture. Everyone knows these AFLPA lectures are bat shiite boring

• Got a very low ATAR score. Has trouble concentrating and remembering things.

Its a wonder he didn’t try at least one of these. Maybe he did.

Kid’s not bright…agree. But he’s a ‘kid’ and that’s the important thing to remember here.

There’s no evidence he tried to collude and fix the game - he’s a kid, probably has fark all idea and capacity to influence other players… so innocent of collusion till proven otherwise, as is the law. If he did collude - see ya later, career over… no argument from me.

But, as it stands, 12 weeks and 10 suspended for not being bright, seems fair for the crime and evidence presented to date.

LOL…I am no fan of Kennett but his comments were 100% dead right. How they twist it into racism is setting PC madness bar to a new all time high.

1 Like

At first I thought it’s not so bad if it’s just for his team to win. But even that’s shonky. He has insider knowledge about injuries, playing styles, etc that the public don’t have. So he can choose when to load up at juicy odds with an unfair advantage.

1 Like

A few months back a mate of mine seen him drunk at 6PM at a bottle shop on plenty road buying a bottle of scotch, He obviously had a lunch function as he was well dressed, Bought the scotch stumbled to his car and drove off.

2 Likes

What’s stopping him giving a Joe the goose to a teammate to gift him a goal or missing a goal to keep the margin under?

2 Likes