Colorado

Watson
Heppell
Hooker
Goddard
Daylight

Same, except swap Goddard and Hooker around for mine.
Humbert Humbert's Heavy Hitters:
Hooker
Heppell
Hibberd
Hurley
Hocking
Howlett
Hams
Not enough 'H's', HH.

Not everyone agrees with you on that.

I'm confused, there's no 'H' in Jobe Watson.

HOBE WATSON

Sounds Mexican..

Its really weird we are only sending 4 players. [b]To be honest we might as well not do it in my opinion.[/b] Its pretty well known that the effects of altitude training dissipates fairly quickly anyway and if we are only going to do it for 4 players will that really help the team or will it just mean 4 of our leaders won't be their to help out during preseason training for a few weeks? I just struggle to see the advantage myself, it feels like its more about the 'story' than the actual training. If the benefits were significant and cost-effective they would probably do it for the whole squad.

That said if they can keep these 4 fit for the season i'll still be glad we did it.

Not an unreasonable call, but as mentioned earlier the 4 feel they got benefits out of it - and yeah I'm well aware about the scientific evidence regarding the lasting effects of altitude training if it isn't a continuous thing - however, you can't discount the psychological placebo effect here. For 4 players, it isn't an extreme cost to bear. Heppell and Goddard will still be around, Zaka, Chappy, from a leadership perspective it'll give others a chance to step for a short period of time, that ultimately can't be a bad thing for the squad.

Its really weird we are only sending 4 players. To be honest we might as well not do it in my opinion. Its pretty well known that the effects of altitude training dissipates fairly quickly anyway and if we are only going to do it for 4 players will that really help the team or will it just mean 4 of our leaders won't be their to help out during preseason training for a few weeks? I just struggle to see the advantage myself, it feels like its more about the 'story' than the actual training. If the benefits were significant and cost-effective they would probably do it for the whole squad.
That said if they can keep these 4 fit for the season i'll still be glad we did it.

Not an unreasonable call, but as mentioned earlier the 4 feel they got benefits out of it - and yeah I'm well aware about the scientific evidence regarding the lasting effects of altitude training if it isn't a continuous thing - however, you can't discount the psychological placebo effect here. For 4 players, it isn't an extreme cost to bear. Heppell and Goddard will still be around, Zaka, Chappy, from a leadership perspective it'll give others a chance to step for a short period of time, that ultimately can't be a bad thing for the squad.

Good bonding for the back men too!! Reckon we could have best defence in league 2015!!

Does everybody remember that season that Hurley was pantsing some really big names down back. His best is ELITE. 

And that DISPOSAL.
Hope this means he has a great 2015

I'm confused, there's no 'H' in Jobe Watson.

HOBE WATSON

Sounds Mexican..

Nah, it's pronounced 'Gobe'  :)

Nothing to do with training. They’ve gone for the weed…

Nothing to do with training. They've gone for the weed...

I hope its just the weed...

I laugh every time I see that. It’s so wrong. Minnesota…tornadoes?

Nothing to do with training. They've gone for the weed...

I hope its just the weed...

Gateway drug?

I heard that when they sent all the players last year there was a group that didn’t want to be there. Looking back I suspect one of them might have been Ryder but I have no evidence for this but apparently there was quite a bit of ■■■■■■■■ with this sub group.

probably thought it was a holiday then when they had to do proper training kicked up a stink.

Players left today. I did not get a chance to see them.

All of my emails and tweets to the club were completely ignored. I’m not really impressed.

From what I can tell, most of the training this time was the long mountain hikes and very little in the way of skills, so there wasn’t much opportunity to view training this time. I’m still pretty disappointed though.

Now that one of my kids is in school, it’s pretty hard for me to get to Boulder on a weekday anyway.

You should have been up at 3am to hike up the mountain before they did.

Every photo I see of these four I have to remind myself they’re professional athletes. They look like homeless people!

http://instagram.com/p/w3FzzOjrlL/

Hurleys hair needs its own flight plan…

Hurley’s old timey stache would be awesome if it wasn’t accompanied by such a ■■■■■ haircut.

Maybe these four agreed to pay for part of the trip.

I don’t dispute Dunlop’s comments about these 4 specifically asking to go, but I would have thought you’d get at least 20 blokes putting their hand up for this.

I would think that the younger guys (like Fletch) can probably improve their tanks significantly just buy following their training programs and it wouldn’t be worthwhile sending for altitude training just yet.

With Jobe gone it could have meant the leadership department would have been required to set the standards back home, so that would have ruled out Goddard and the older guys like Chappy & Licha.

Giving Stants a better tank would just be taking the p*ss.

Anyway I reckon there would have a few lads who would have been disappointed to miss out, and that these guys are as deserving of the opportunity as any. The time they will get to spend with Jobe will do wonders for their confidence and their sense of self-worth, and there’s possibly their training standards could improve too.

Having said that there’s a lot of other activities/trips our guys are sent on. Didn’t a few get to go to India, plus there’s usually an outback or Tiwi trip, or a trip to visit our Asian sponsors etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these trips were considered prizes or punishments, like someone suggested when Ambrose was chosen for the GF sprint.

reckon they should do several small groups over the holiday period, with one member of the leadership group leading the group.

doubt stants would want to go, it is a lot of flying.