Comedy Festival - Melbourne 2016

Any recommendations for this year?
Want to take the better half out to a show and dinner this Sunday, and trawling through the acts is a frigging nightmare.

I found Mark the shutterbug to be fairly funny.

Same as every year.
Sammy J and Randy, Justin Hamilton…seeing Ronny Cheng for the first time, actually.
Frank Woodley with LMW.

Al Murray

I reckon Luke McGregor will be really hitting his straps this year.

If you like honest personal comedy, you couldn’t go wrong.

Same as every year. Sammy J and Randy, Justin Hamilton...seeing Ronny Cheng for the first time, actually. Frank Woodley with LMW.

I used to love Woodley - till the last show I went to, last year. That one kinda flopped, and although I’d go again - the missus wasn’t impressed - and it’s her birthday.

I’ll check out the others, ta

I found Mark the shutterbug to be fairly funny.

Yeah, I’d go if it weren’t so booked out constantly.

Gonna check out all the recommendations - no point in answering everyone lol

Sam Simmons is a personal favourite of mine.

Same as every year. Sammy J and Randy, Justin Hamilton...seeing Ronny Cheng for the first time, actually. Frank Woodley with LMW.

I used to love Woodley - till the last show I went to, last year. That one kinda flopped, and although I’d go again - the missus wasn’t impressed - and it’s her birthday.

I’ll check out the others, ta

It’s very much for LMW.
I don’t think he’s been funny since he lost his straight man. In fact I find Colin Lane funnier.

I reckon Luke McGregor will be really hitting his straps this year.

If you like honest personal comedy, you couldn’t go wrong.

Looking good:

…but not on, on Sunday, dammit.

Stephen K Amos has good youtube stuff, but I’m too busy right now to attend anything.

Al Murray

Yeah, good stuff…and performing on Sunday…

Stephen K Amos has good youtube stuff, but I'm too busy right now to attend anything.

Well…I wasn’t really asking you on a date, BG, but you know - you are busy and everything, and it’s the wife’s birthday and stuff, so you know…

Tommy Little was surprisingly good last year, he upgraded to the Forum this year, so expectations will be high.

Also agree on Luke McGregor, will be hoping to get to his show this year.

Stephen K Amos has good youtube stuff, but I'm too busy right now to attend anything.

Well…I wasn’t really asking you on a date, BG, but you know - you are busy and everything, and it’s the wife’s birthday and stuff, so you know…

LOL.

Take stacca instead.

Has Luke McGregor got a show this year? I can’t seem to find info on it anywhere if he has

Just came back from 3 shows - here’s the report:

Bugle Boys
Don’t bother, unless you find men dressed as women hilarious. The singing was good - I spent most of the show leaning back in my chair listening with eyes closed.
3/10

Stephen Amos
Yeah, pretty good, and thanks for the recommendation BG.
First show, was testing the waters a bit, but he’s a funny guy with natural talent. I had a hearty laugh.
7.5/10

Tom Greene
The same as Freddy Got Fingered/X of Barrymore, etc
The guy is very good on stage. A bit farking whacko, but then again, so am I, so I related well. Well worth it - show went for 1.5 hrs, he ad-lib’d a lot.
9/10

Booked to see Al Murray on Sunday night :slight_smile:

Today, for the wife’s birthday, we first went to the footy (she’s a bulldog), then caught a random comedy act -
‘What Would Spock Do?’ Worth seeing if you like stage acting. it was more that than comedy - but the guy is pretty talented, and gets his message across well.

Al Murray - if you do see this guy - don’t be late.
Very very smart - as are all good comedians imo. Spent most of the show interacting with the audience (including myself). We laughed the whole set. Well worth it.