Comics

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
Fat Freddy’s Cat

3 Likes

I said similar to my dad when he showed me a trove of Mad magazines.

2 Likes

So far I’ve managed to locate about 20 of my Phantom comics. My fear is they have been tossed accidentally at some point when my wife was doing a spring clean, although she knows how much they meant to me.

I told my son I’m not going to contribute to him getting his first car, and when he gets one, I’m going to crash it on purpose. He’s 12.

I have never claimed to be a great person and I feel this is a reasonable stance to take.

3 Likes

how good! Freewheelin Franklin Freek

1 Like

That is some funny ■■■■!!:rofl::rofl:

Tank Girl was a solid series if you haven’t read them.

Good news update. We’re currently in the process of moving into a rental property whilst our house gets a major renovation done. In the process of packing boxes and stacking crap in the garage, I opened an old moving box to find another cardboard box inside. Yep, all my missing comics!

I’ve told my son he’s not getting them back.

8 Likes

That is fantastic news!!! So glad to hear it Furious!
Just for that, I’ll be cracking open one of my Phantom favourites “The Golden Circle” in your honour tomorrow morning for another read.

1 Like

Love Asterix but my favourite all timer is Calvin and Hobbes. I have everything Bill Waterson did that was C&H related. A very clever comic (strip).

I have Tintin, but he’s not PC these days.
I sent off for a Phantom ring , but was so disappointed with the plastic thing I received I threw it away.

2 Likes

Any of those phantom comics under edition 100?

I’m pretty sure there wouldn’t be any that old (or valuable). Nearly all of them purchased in the late 80s and early 90s, although a good number were second hand. Once we finish the renovation and we get moved back in, I plan on going through them all and storing them with all my books in the lounge area.

Or, I may turn my son’s new bedroom into my man-cave and put the comics in there, and he can sleep in the garage. He just turned 13, so he’s old enough for some independence, right?

3 Likes

Best comic this year; thanks @jackie_mihocek

1 Like

I love Tintin as well. I have the full set of those comics as well.
Both Tintin and the Phantom appeal to me because they had no super powers and just relied on their streets smarts (Tintin) and or muscle (Phantom).

1 Like

If the borders ever open again, you can visit the museum of Tintin’s creator, at Louvain la Neuve, just outside of Brussels.

1 Like

When we were kids (late 80s/early 90s) my brothers and I were massively into GI Joe. Mostly the toys, but also the comics for a few years. With nothing much to do last year, I resumed collecting after a very long break. The toy line (Hasbro) and comics series (Marvel) were directly tied in and both ran from 1982-94. The main Marvel series had 155 issues and at this stage I’ve got about 120. Most of what I’m missing is in the first 20 and last 20 issues. I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has any of these they’d be looking to offload, I’d definitely be interested…

If you had bought this for 25c back in the day, it could be worth over US$80,000 now…

Don’t tell 'em this over in the Financial Advice thread.

2 Likes