Comm Games

Chance of 3rd in the women's too!

Chance of 3rd in the women's too!

Got it

Marathon runners have the worst bodies. Eat a burger already.

Thorpe’s gotta second guess himself sitting across from Mel SURELY

Thorpe's gotta second guess himself sitting across from Mel SURELY

Probably what prompted him to finally know there was no going back.

*looks down* 'nothing? right, that's it, zero doubt now....'

Thorpe's gotta second guess himself sitting across from Mel SURELY

Probably what prompted him to finally know there was no going back.
*looks down* 'nothing? right, that's it, zero doubt now....'

That should be the official test

Will research what Shelley has done in the last 4 years. Did he run in the 2012 Olympics ? Experience shows that usually the third or fourth level Kenyan athletes run at the Commonwealth Games. The best Kenyan runners target the Diamond League. 

Will research what Shelley has done in the last 4 years. Did he run in the 2012 Olympics ? Experience shows that usually the third or fourth level Kenyan athletes run at the Commonwealth Games. The best Kenyan runners target the Diamond League. 

So instead of celebrating a guy winning you want to drag it down to "he wasn't running against the best".  Just celebrate him winning.

He was top 20 in the Olympics and 2nd in the last Comm games. Only been running marathons since just before Delhi.

Watched a bit of the swimming.

Do any of those other countries even have pools?

Thorpey looks like he might have been hitting a few of the buffets in Glasgow.

Watched a bit of the swimming.

Do any of those other countries even have pools?

The McKeon family (Emma with 4 gold, the brother with 1) would be outright 7th on the medals tally if they were a sovereign country.

LEL.

Good to see Usain Bolt express his love of the Commonwealth Games.

Eric Hollingsworth makes Mick Malthouse look like a barrel of laughs.

who the fark is eric hollingsworth?  going by the name, i assume an english cricket selector?

So instead of celebrating a guy winning you want to drag it down to "he wasn't running against the best".  Just celebrate him winning.

HAP kindly gave relevant stats - So Shelley has been doing OK - Hopefully he can continue to push up and get a top 10 in the Olympics or the World Athletic Championships. I was pointing out  the strength of track and fields for those who don't follow athletics.

I make no apologies for wanting Australian Track and Field athletes competing with the best.in the world. I love watching the world's best athletes competing at the Diamond League - And currently Australia has 3 or 4 athletes who compete well at this level - May the number increase.

And one of Australia's up and coming athletes an 800 metre runner was fined for competing in the Diamond League, instead of being in a team camp. And the athlete equalled Ralph Dobell's 800 metre record which has stood since 1968. A case of misplaced priorities.

Sally - Why did you compete and target the Commonwealth Games? - I suppose the commercial imperatives couldn't be ignored - But you left a mess for Eric Hollingsworth.

who the fark is eric hollingsworth?  going by the name, i assume an english cricket selector?

My understanding is that he is English. A nice bit of theatre - Though he was never going to win against Sally Pearson - You've got to pick your fights. 

who the fark was eric hollingsworth? going by the name, i assume an english cricket selector?

Fixed.

Whether Sally is a disturbance or not, the head coach should not be releasing a terrible press release, without authority, bagging the crap out of the lead athlete the day before she runs. That is pathetic behaviour and totally unacceptable and unprofessional. They were right to sack him.

Interesting timing. She probably knocked him back at some point.