Commentator Nepotism

Is it just me or does anyone else notice the same 5 or 6 guys floating around commentating across every different media outlet 

Turn on the TV, Gary Lyon

turn on AFL.com  Gary Lyon

turn on the radio Gary Lyon

not that I dislike Gary, he is good but you could equally replace his name with one of the other guys

Brian Taylor, Hutchy, Richo, Ling, LLoyd (although I do truly love him)

James f*** Brayshaw  (someone please get him some cough syrup for his throat)

etc

The point I am trying to make is that it seems like a round-a-bout where no one new gets a chance in the industry it's just the same guys covering EVERY bit of footy media

sometimes it's refreshing to listen to the interstate radio stations on the AFL app just to hear a different voice!!!

-_-

Most do?

I'm not sure which I find the most annoying.... The commentators and the extremely stupid and irritating 'special comments' guys or the umpiring. At least you can mute the commentary team. When are they going to have an atmos only tv broadcast!

Dixie Marshall was the best boundary rider.

Now earns a shed load as an advisor to the lib govt in WA.

Now earns a shed load as an advisor to the lib govt in WA.

thought that was  a ■■■■ take...the Magda Szubansko character, Pixie Anne Wheatley was the one i was thinking of 

is this where i discuss my absolute disdain for david king? 

I liked Kelli Underwood.
Then you d*ckheads complained.
Now more Garry.

W
T
F
She wasn't the best but she's miles from the worst as well.

I couldn't stand her. Comments on her voice were bang on.

Nothing sexist here, I just can't handle a female voice commentating a game of footy. 

I liked Kelli Underwood.
Now more Garry.

W
T
F

Nothing sexist here, I just can't handle a female voice commentating a game of footy. 

Calls a lot for the ABC on radio, particularly twilight Sydney matches. Seems to be handling it fine.

That doesn't sound sexist at all.

GREAT CALL DEN

When people call into MMM after matches, do they let you go on air if you don't agree to say "Great call boys" ?

Something I've never heard anyone do on any other radio station, but every single caller on MMM does it.

Wouldn't surprise me, I know they script a lot of their other calls (' Well actually Trevor from Traralgon, the song you want to request is "XYZ" - do you want your prize pack or not? ' )

When people call into MMM after matches, do they let you go on air if you don't agree to say "Great call boys" ?

Something I've never heard anyone do on any other radio station, but every single caller on MMM does it.

Wouldn't surprise me, I know they script a lot of their other calls (' Well actually Trevor from Traralgon, the song you want to request is "XYZ" - do you want your prize pack or not? ' )

Don't think I've ever heard MM do talkback for footy.

AW and SEN cover that. A listen to Finey's Final Siren after Friday Night Footy with drunken callers is great listening.

Don't think I've ever heard MM do talkback for footy.

AW and SEN cover that. A listen to Finey's Final Siren after Friday Night Footy with drunken callers is great listening.

They have callers after some matches, don't think they do the night ones but definitely the afternoon coverage stays on the footy for a bit and they all talk about how great they are.

A good example of nepotism is the AFL and the AFL Commission.  No more needs to be said.

I have referred to BT and Darcy as 'the two buffoons' before but I have just realised that that is potentially insulting to buffoons.  How did these two get gigs commentating AFL footy at all, let alone during prime time?!

I liked Kelli Underwood.
Now more Garry.

W
T
F

"HOW SWEET IS REDEMPTION!!!!!"

is this where i discuss my absolute disdain for david king?

you have my full support

Bring back Christie Malthouse.

I liked Kelli Underwood.
Now more Garry.

W
T
F

I think her knowledge of the game was pretty good, she also wasn't a flog. As for her commentary her voice probably used to get too gravelly and it became difficult to listen to. I stil think however that several people couldn't stand her because she was a woman.

Current token women in Lane and the devil are sensationilst gossiping idiots.

I agree about the gravely nature of her voice, which becomes very monotonal and irritating to listen to. She also tries to manufacture excitement in a way that sounds forced and not really genuine (a bit like BT but not as bad as him). But mainly, she just doesn't really have any personality or humour with her calls, and the only thing remotely interesting about her as a caller is that she is a woman. I'd love to support a female caller, but she is just not a good vehicle to break the glass ceiling.

Is hiuddo the only one who hasn’t commented negatively towards EFC?

He seems ok