Computer problem

Is their anyone in the know on how to fix the volume on my computer or speakers.

The Volume on my speakers all of a sudden became so low that I have to pick up my speakers and place them right next to my ears to hear anything.

I checked the plug its ok. I checked the Volume on the computer and its on 100% I dont know what to do. would it be my speakers. I have even pluged it into my headphone plug in and that is louder however only one speaker is working on that. Can any bomber surporter help a brother out

I would run some random tests. Eg: plug speakers into another device such as a phone mp3 player, ipod.

(Headphone jack only = low or "Line" level signal)

Comp speakers are self amplified, thats why one is always heavier. The little amp units can go suddenly.

Also, then run an 1/8th / 3.5 mm to RCA L & R stereo lead, from your comp's line/spkr out jack, into a basic stereo via line in, or cd in.

If running your comp speakers from something with it's own Amplification, such as a rock box, radio etc, be very careful and begin with both volumes set VERY low.

Thats the sort of thing thats known to actually kill the little amp unit in comp speakers. Happens quite often. (Didn't do that did you?)

The tests will at least tell you where the issue is, & whether the comp spkrs are gone. Good luck.

I pluged my speakers into a mp3 player and the speakers worked. My speakers are with a sub woofer and powered by the power from the wall.

any orther ideas

So it's not the speakers, plug or lead, right?

Which could mean a new sound card, at worst, but hopefully it's simpler.

You mentioned turning up spkr vol to max. Was that just through vol ctrl options?

What is the comp? and which OS?

Regardless, all s/cards come with thier own s/ware & drivers, with a UI that has an extra volume ctrl. In fact on mine, there are 3 or 4 different places where volume can adjust.

Before I could tell you how to get at 'em, (If you can't) would need com specs & OS. Mac would be a mystery to me.

Check you sound settings first.

Maybe your ears have malfunctioned?

windows 7, Its a PRYON build. Its a PC not a MAC. I have tried everything maybe your right its the sound card.

get a mac

Is the s/card a realtek? 

Also, have you found this sound Manager?

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/12/24/no-sound-in-windows-7-try-this-fix/

Some older sound cards have a physical volume control on them don't they? Check the back of your co..mputer love.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

or getting a Mac?

or getting a Mac?

You still wearing yours in those little back street cinemas Noons?

oh, you meant an iMac .................. sorry

1 Like

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sound > Communications > Change setting to do nothing and apply. If that's what caused your problem it's now fixed for eternity, if not then you've wasted 12.3 seconds of your life trying it.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sound > Communications > Change setting to do nothing and apply. If that's what caused your problem it's now fixed for eternity, if not then you've wasted 12.3 seconds of your life trying it.

You could also try reinstalling drivers and codecs if the above doesn't work.

Quick question. Little brother just got a 5.1 speaker set for his PC. Only 2 output audio though. This is because he needs a dedicated sound card with the 3 plugs which will process all 5 speakers, correct?

EDIT: And a basic $29 one will be ok? Like this? 

http://www.austin.net.au/shop-categories/sound-cards/creative-sound-blaster-51-vx-pci-retail-box.html

What speakers?

Since a few days ago, when I try and quote a post in Bomberblitz, the quote doesn't appear in my editor window - it's like I am simply adding another post to the topic.

Anyone have any ideas as to why & how to fix this?

Clear cookies.

(see forum feedback forum)

Nope, not a Cookie problem.

Had done that and in fact I auto clear my cache, including cookie's, every time I shut IE 11 down.

It will be a security setting of some type.