Computer problem

What speakers?

Logitech? Does that help?

Soulnet and Matrixgeek could tell me in 2 seconds flat they just probably don't go in here.

Quick question. Little brother just got a 5.1 speaker set for his PC. Only 2 output audio though. This is because he needs a dedicated sound card with the 3 plugs which will process all 5 speakers, correct?

EDIT: And a basic $29 one will be ok? Like this? 

http://www.austin.net.au/shop-categories/sound-cards/creative-sound-blaster-51-vx-pci-retail-box.html

Depending on the motherboard it will either support stereo (so one plug like you have on your ipod) or three or six coloured plugs (again same plug like the one you'd have on an ipod).

A455-2300-out19-hl.jpg

The soundcard would do the trick with a logitech 5.1 surround sound speaker. Make sure your motherboard has the right connection though (i.e to plug the soundcard to the motherboard). The link provided is a PCI card. You can also get PCI-E cards (much shorter connection to the motherboard).

Quick question. Little brother just got a 5.1 speaker set for his PC. Only 2 output audio though. This is because he needs a dedicated sound card with the 3 plugs which will process all 5 speakers, correct?

EDIT: And a basic $29 one will be ok? Like this? 

http://www.austin.net.au/shop-categories/sound-cards/creative-sound-blaster-51-vx-pci-retail-box.html

Depending on the motherboard it will either support stereo (so one plug like you have on your ipod) or three or six coloured plugs (again same plug like the one you'd have on an ipod).

A455-2300-out19-hl.jpg

The soundcard would do the trick with a logitech 5.1 surround sound speaker. Make sure your motherboard has the right connection though (i.e to plug the soundcard to the motherboard). The link provided is a PCI card. You can also get PCI-E cards (much shorter connection to the motherboard).

Going on from that image, did you use the speaker outputs or the headphone/lineout output?

Nope, not a Cookie problem.

Had done that and in fact I auto clear my cache, including cookie's, every time I shut IE 11 down.

It will be a security setting of some type.

Interesting - I use Google Chrome instead of IE and quoting works fine.

What speakers?

Logitech? Does that help?

Soulnet and Matrixgeek could tell me in 2 seconds flat they just probably don't go in here.

Most of the standard issue 5,1 systems for pc take a right and left feed into a powered sub and just distribute everything else from there.

Thanks Soulnet, will look into which card I need to get for him. Probably just get the cheapest but will check compatibility. Thanks again.

my Alienware MX15 stopped working :(

turn it on and it instatntly stops and the Scroll lock and Caps lock just continually flash :(

i actually somehow god it to boot a week ago after it was doing this, worked for a few days but then started doing it again and havnt been able to save it.

Won't even boot off disk?

Uber-dead battery?

it goes to boot up, wont bring up the initial bios/dos prompt and the fan and everything usually stops and they just sit there flashing with the num lock solid.

i tried moving the ram around and putting only 1 in at a time but didnt work.

i just find it weird that it did this when i took it to a mates, went home and got it working, then when my housemate shut the lid and moved it a bit, it did it again and hasnt worked since.

could something be loose?

i got the first bluescreen id had in ages a week or 2 before.

and also for a while the typing was REALLY slow and would skip buttons i pressed, restarted it a few times and it seemed to fix it... sounds dodgy.

Tried replacing the BIOS battery? I'm pretty sure lappies have CR2032 (same as desktops - little flat battery same size as a 10 cent piece. Should cost you about 10 cents too).

Seems unlikely you've cooked your RAM but could be (maybe if it lost the BIOS settings it put the wrong voltage??? is that even possible?)

Otherwise, try hitting it with a hammer.

So my wife kept getting a whole heap of dodgy e-mails saying "such and such message has bounced and failed to deliver, etc". She opened the first one, realised it was dodgy and deleted it and the other unopened e-mails and now we are getting pop-up ads like crazy. Even normal words in posts here on blitz are highlighted green and if you scroll over them they bring up ad windows. New tabs, new windows, every time I open firefox for the interwebz. I'm barely computer literate, but WTF is going on here? I've run Spybot, AVG and Anti-Malware,which identified some stuff, but it's still happening.  Driving me bonkers.

WTF?

I got that once a looooong time ago. Years and years.
Just downloaded the latest microsoft malware stuff and it was gone.

I've had that happen a few times too. Are you using Firefox? If you go Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions there might be some adware in there that you can delete. Otherwise go into your Control Panel and look in your Programs tab and see if there's something in there that you don't recognise. Google it before you delete it though even if it looks fishy because it could actually be a legit program.

So my wife kept getting a whole heap of dodgy e-mails saying "such and such message has bounced and failed to deliver, etc". She opened the first one, realised it was dodgy and deleted it and the other unopened e-mails and now we are getting pop-up ads like crazy. Even normal words in posts here on blitz are highlighted green and if you scroll over them they bring up ad windows. New tabs, new windows, every time I open firefox for the interwebz. I'm barely computer literate, but WTF is going on here? I've run Spybot, AVG and Anti-Malware,which identified some stuff, but it's still happening.  Driving me bonkers.

Check the add ons/extensions in your browser. Usually find the culprit for that sort of thing in there.

3 years out of service and dell are going to replace anything that’s failing in my Alienware for free. Yeeewwwwww

Rather than start a new Thread, thought I'd resurrect this...

Somehow I managed to install Bing as my search engine, a month or so ago. I've since got Firefox/Google up and running as default browsers, but whenever I open a new tab, Bing is launched.

How do I set default "new tab" to FF/G??

It’s probably your internet.

Rather than start a new Thread, thought I'd resurrect this...

Somehow I managed to install Bing as my search engine, a month or so ago. I've since got Firefox/Google up and running as default browsers, but whenever I open a new tab, Bing is launched.

How do I set default "new tab" to FF/G??

In Google Chrome, go to setting (the button to find settings is on the top right which looks like an E) then about 3/4 down the page you can set your search engine preferences.