Connection to Fans

LOL.

I genuinely laughed.

1 Like

It’s the only seating that has been worked on.

For some reason progress has stopped. We haven’t had any updates. Other than Scott, we don’t hear anything from the club on anything the club is doing. So who knows.

I mean, I didn’t expect a grandstand, but that looks like they’ve tried to do as little as possible.

1 Like

Surely that’s not the finished article. Maybe they’ve run out of money. They don’t have much in cash reserves and memberships well down so the financial result may be of concern.

I doubt they’ve run out of money.

I think they announced this on a premise of “we have to do something” not “we want to do something” and this is a result of complete indifference to the outcome.

Does anyone know what the original plans or intention was?
All I heard was seats ready by end of March this year.

I think there is a supply issue with tiered seating, but I’m not sure if this is a temporary solution or not.
Unfortunately, they’ve missed the boat with this.
It’s getting closer and closer to winter so I hope they are prepared for the terrible rain days.

The club just needs to be honest.
If they don’t know what is available and when it can be delivered, then don’t promise it.

Imagine how hot those will be to sit on during summer training…

Hire some gazebos, put out some portable seats on game days - I dunno, but there is plenty they could do in the interim if the approach was “how do we make fans experience better” and not “mmm, external report says we have to do this”.

I’m sure they haven’t. I said it in jest. My issue is we hear nothing from the CEO and little from the President, and he promised at the AGM this would be sorted out. If there’s issues, communicate with the fans! I keep saying the club has dropped the ball on connection with fans. This stupid seating thing is the symbolic example of everything I’ve been saying in recent times. Let’s hope somebody gives us an update. Or gets the stupid thing finished!

2 Likes

All they need to do is communicate with members and fans. That’s all we ask.

2 Likes

Knowing how big the rocks are, there is no way that this was a temp solution.

It’s pretty funny.

The rocks are impressive.
And very costly.

Temporary is not the word.
I guess, I wonder if their plans were tiered seating, they found that supply was causing too many issues so they looked for some other alternative solution.

1 Like

I would have gone out there today but knowing the weather was so bad and (for us plebs) there is no cover. You could see people trying to sit on the wing (Melrose Drive side) but they were in their own chair, with wet weather gear on and large umbrellas.

I’m sorry??

It’s a split face rock/stone.
Definitely not cheap.

I think people had something slightly different in mind.

1 Like

No ■■■■!

1 Like

More posts here…

2 Likes