Consumers getting screwed

Another genius comment.

Refineries didn’t close because of the oil price. They closed because they were old and passed their use-by date. New efficient refineries in Indonesia and Malaysia can supply tankers of refined fuel with greater profit to the petrol companies.

1 Like

To be fair, he just stated two facts.
Essendon hasn’t won a premiership since 2000, and I’ve put on 10-15kg since then.

2 Likes

Another genius avoidance.
I didn’t say the refineries closed because of the oil price, but it is a factor in the price of petrol because it is purchased from overseas at the spot price.
Used your usual tactic of ignoring the question and didn’t answer the question of what type of oil was quoted.
Straight out of the Saul Alinsky playbook.

hmm, good call.

Seriously sorfed, this is what you posted. How is this not saying that the price of oil and closing of refinery is not related.

Government is complicit because petrol raises shiteloads of cash and while they pretend that they need to control the price of petrol, I am not sure that any Government would ever even try to do it.

Reality is that the price of fuel is a cartel price by fuel suppliers. The Hawke Government fixed a price of locally produced oil at Singapore prices for taxation purposes; they didn’t fix the price of anything. Petrol suppliers set their own prices and have been ripping us off for years; consumers getting screwed !!

So… we chopping off your left or right leg? Or a bit of both?

1 Like

Typical Essendon, going for the quick fix.
Tummy-tuck or gtfo.

Surely your goatee weighs at least 10kgs?

Why?
When I buy flour or milk I expect it to be 100% flour or milk.
Why is it so strange that people expect honey to be 100% honey?

1 Like

dunno, whenever something comes out of a bottle its generally always adulterated in some way

I suspect you are not a cynic.

The consumer needs to think about what they are buying - contents, country of origin, local or overseas company, etc. And if it means you have to spend more and you can afford it and it’s important to you then you should. And if I can do that and help a small business in the process then so much the better.

There is a significantly large enough group of consumers who have the financial means to make those choices and make a real difference to the viability of local producers and local retail.

3 Likes

The problem with buying australian is there are so many labels that it just confuses you. It would be great if the supermarket could have an aisle dedicated to australian made and owned products.

Good idea
They could easily do this because that aisle would be pretty small

2 Likes

Capilano sell honey clearly labelled 100% Australian Pure Honey.

If you want to buy the cheap stuff, then read the label, again it clearly says made with Australian and Oversears sourced honey and has other ingredients than honey.

You could introduce a carbon tax which by implication taxes frieght costs. Thus the further something has to travel the less cost competitive it is.

But hey carbon taxes are stupid right.

1 Like

So stupid.

What governments really should do is provide massive diesel subsidies to companies responsible for both massive pollution and massive profits so that the benefits of said increased profits can “trickle down” to workers and consumers.

You know, like when someone ■■■■■■ on you and it “trickles down” your leg, ruining your shoes. Then you have to get new shoes. And the only person that sells them is the bloke that just ■■■■■■ on your leg.

6 Likes

But think of the farmers!

We could still give them the diesel rebate. Just take it off miners.

… Climate change is a hoax!

I suspect the problem is people having to read and understand things, which a lot of people can’t be bothered with. They will be bothered with feeling outraged over things that are within their means of changing, but they’ll want someone else to do that for them.

You mean like LNP governments do?

1 Like