Consumers getting screwed

No, we had a jar, it said “pure honey” on the front.
“Local and Imported ingredients”, yes.

1 Like

It’s a strange dichotomy where we don’t trust manufacturers not to mix horse s3men in with the honey, but we totally trust that they’re labelling their products accurately.

3 Likes

I reckon if you were to label your honey “completely free of horse s3men”, it would certainly get people wondering about all the other brands that don’t have that label.

5 Likes

The “no permeate” model.

1 Like

wut?

Strange that - when I buy honey that I would expect it to be honey.

You can buy avocado dip, which is about 1% avocado.

2 Likes

Now you mention it, … the Avocado I bought yesterday is only about 70% Avocado. Theres this bluddy great round thing inside it.!!

I’m taking it back tonight, … boy, … are they going to cop it.

3 Likes

Yeah but honey is a natural product.

I dont expect avocado dip to be made only from avocado, but if I brought an actual avocado I’d sure as hell want that to be 100% avocado.

3 Likes

Well, surely you’d expect more than 1% Avocado in Avocado dip?

I ate a passion fruit and prepared another for Mrs Fox.

No passion at all in that fruit, not even 1%.

5 Likes

I’d actually expect 100% Avocado Flavouring No 6041

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

1 Like

Maybe if you got a few of them and did the egg thing …

2 Likes

My Nan used to make a ripping Mock Raspberry jam from Green tomatoes and there was not one raspberry in it. Couldn’t tell the difference in taste between it and real raspberry jam

More Mayo

Aye.

Not gonna lie, my first reaction when I heard that was “eww permeates” but then quickly remembered I’ve gone 30+ years consuming dairy without issue, so just got on with the rest of my day.

Never mind the reality that you drink a hormonal secretion from another animal. Ewww permeate.

I suspect the problem is people having to read and understand things, which a lot of people can’t be bothered with. They will be bothered with feeling outraged over things that are within their means of changing, but they’ll want someone else to do that for them. [quote=“Preliminary_Point2, post:98, topic:13140”]
Never mind the reality that you drink a hormonal secretion from another animal. Ewww permeate
[/quote]

What percentage of honey is bee spit? Maybe the sugar syrup is better after all…

I didnt really know where to post this

I recently moved out of my rental and bought my first home with my partner

got the gas bill for the last place. $630 for 90 days! in winter, on average my bills have been 200 MAX for years

its clearly this high, due to a faulty gas hot water system imo. which was replaced after I complained about it within a day or two, it was found to be in need of replacement. who knows how long it was leaking water for, causing it to run all the time.

I said to the real estate that im willing to pay what my average would be (let’s say $220 for arguments sake) but like he’ll i am paying 630. the real estates response was “you would of heard it running all the time and it wouldn’t have used $400 worth in a few days”

the water bill is also $120. normally in winter, it’s around 30-40

do i have any rights?