Convince me

I think what you’re saying is that you know your team has gone down the gurgler when you’re looking forward to Kisscam!!!

That’s not pie in the sky… that’s a fantasy.

1 Like

The only games I will go to Etihad stadium for are against interstate teams. I refuse to condone the use of that stadium by our club for home matches against Melbourne based teams.

Play some kids and I’ll be there, looking forward to seeing Clark, Zerk & Mutch.

2 Likes

We have crumpled under expectation, perhaps we didn’t deserve the expectation played up by the media but we certainly didn’t do anything to dampen it. Most people from the EFC have been pretty bullish which might help you sell memberships but it bites you with supporter backlash.

We are supporters. We will support the club through anything. However it is interesting to think about what ‘support’ truly means. Like having a child who is an addict… everybody handles it a different way. Do you keep giving them money for ‘bills’ even though you know they are blowing it on drugs or do you say enough is enough, even if that means they don’t have power?

EFC keeps coming, cap in hand, every year asking for money… they give us a big song and dance… a bit of razzle dazzle and we fork over our cash. We even convince our kids (who have never seen one ounce of success) to follow this club and fork over their cash to buy us mugs and hats and anything ‘branded’ EFC.

It will seem unpalatable to some but a mass walk out, or non attendance is the ONLY way this club listens. As many say to me all the time… words on a forum do nothing. Start hitting the club where it hurts. Refuse to part with the money YOU worked hard for. Stage an intervention even if it hurts. Refuse to sit on cold, hard and uncomfortable chairs to watch 2 hours of pure crap served up week after week. DEMAND better and we might just get it… demand nothing and you will get exactly that.

The Club should be ‘innovative’ and offer membership packages that only get paid if the team wins. So membership costs $20 a week… but they only do the DD IF we win. Plenty of cheap memberships most years for us… start hitting them where it hurts and maybe they will get out of their office and pay attention. Most EFC don’t seem to give a crap how ■■■■ we are. Money is rolling in, everybody gets paid and life rolls on. Incentive based payments for players. End the gravy train. They should be fair dinkum embarrassed to get their pay cheques after what they produce most weeks.

This club takes us ALL for granted. Takes our membership and attendance for granted. Come to our big club… play in front of big crowds… hmmm enough is enough.

A couple of weeks with less than 10K in the seats might make a few people notice we are upset. Only way I can think of that will wake these clowns up.

2 Likes

Wow.
You just compared supporting a football team to a drug addict.
Wow.

1 Like

How far do you travel to get to the game?
Do you have a reserve seat with mate(s)?
Are you a maso_chist*?

( m asochist is a blocked word)

HOT CHIPS, KISS CAM, HOME GAME INTERVIEWS & KIDS CLINICS.

I will continue to support the club but have resigned myself to where we sit in context of the league. I have tempered my expectations to avoid disappointment.

All i want to see now is accountability and deserved players getting an opportunity.

2 Likes

You need to lower your expectations.

2 Likes

Essendon is my drug.

3 Likes

The words Essendon and drug in the same sentence go hand in hand.

1 Like

It could be an addict of any kind…

Inconsistent behaviour (EFC - port/pies)
Inability to maintain job/house/friends (5 coaches in 5 years/lost players)
Constant requests for money (Hello this is the EFC membership/fundraising department)
Lies about injuries/lost money/lost time (slight knock = 3 months)
Frequently “not showing up” or missing events (Dogs game)
Expectations of unconditional loyalty (hello this is the EFC membership department)
Constant requests for “one more chance” (hello this is the EFC PR department)
Emotional heartbreak (17 years without a flag and counting)

So why do you support a team? Why do you blindly follow a team year in and year out even when the suck for 18 years in a row?

You keep supporting them because you love them… you support them because they are in your DNA. YOu support them because your dad told you that you never ‘jump ship’ even when we lose. You support them because you have to “stick fat” to enjoy the good times even more.

The psychology that goes into supporting a sporting team is very interesting… well worth investigating. Anyway, sorry if I caused offence… feel free to support the club in any way you see fit… I’ll do the same. Let’s hope for better times ahead.

150kms return
4 reserved seats
No

Offence? God no. Just thought the analogy was a bit of a stretch.

2 Likes

He is but don’t like his chances off a 4-5 day break

Yeah I can’t convince you too.

I’ll be going. Not going to bother trying to get my nephew and neice to come along though.

1 Like

The only way the club will be forced into a change is when the supporter base turns on the club and stops going to games.

If you are going to run the club as a business and treat the supporters and members as just a number and source of money. Then people expect something decent back for their coin.

A win against Melbourne will give them a little bit of breathing space, a heavy loss and it will really hit the fan.

3 Likes

Depends.

If it’s just sport entertainment to you like it is for me, you’d give Essendon games a miss for the time being but if you’re right in to it, you know, called your kid Simon, Tim or James, that level of right into it, you’d go for sure. inspite of not knowing if Essendon or Essington were playing.

3 Likes