Convince me

I will be there for 3 reasons:

*i have nothing else in my life

• I love this club( even if on days like yesterday I could happily throw a Molotov cocktail at it)
  • Etihad is next to a DFO, so I might have a look around there before or after the game

I am fully expecting a crowd of 25k at the most

5 Likes

Hit the nail on the head.

The best Iā€™ve felt as a supporter in years was at the end of 2016. We knew we didnā€™t have the cattle, but they rocked up every week and had a crack. Most times, they failed miserably, but on the odd occasion they got it right, showing a team half full of spuds, if you stick to the game plan, play your heart out you can win.

Now, with the most talented list under 23 in the competition we canā€™t even get up for a big game to have a crack. What was interesting about the night before, although Melbourne folded in the third. Gee they went in had and put the pressure on the Tigers in the first half, and kept it up in the third, just were out played by a superior side.

The question is, what the ā– ā– ā– ā–  are the coaches going to do about it? Are they going to keep flogging dead horses or openly admit that they have got it wrong and start really working for the future. Iā€™d rather go down fighting for the rest of the season piling games into younger player to see if we can build a side than stumping up each week with the same old hacks who keep showing one week of promise and months of ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Time to carve up the team and reshape it to be competitive week to week rather than once a month.

5 Likes

Because support isnā€™t really needed when everything is peachy and wins are flowing. Some battles are lost and some are won. Itā€™s never ending.

3 Likes

the catering will be top shelf?

7 Likes

It does seem like a good game to watch from the bar on level 2 with a sense of extreme detachment.
Theyā€™ll probably do something good, and you can say, ā€˜Yay.
Yay for that.ā€™

i might catch the train in and just get trolleyā€™d. why the heck not.

2 Likes

Because you just know they will come out and bang on 8 goals to zip in the 1st quarter before going to sleep and falling over the line by 4 points

Because you support the team through thick and thin.

3 Likes

They donā€™t support me :disappointed_relieved:

Folks saying that this is the week weā€™ll turn upā€¦ No. We are going to get slaughtered. Paralysed by the fear of failure and the blowtorch that will be applied to a loss, we will be worse still than we were yesterday.

2 Likes

at the end of the day you go to the footy for some entertainment, you support the club in the hope that the clubs success will bring you joy. If going to the game isnt entertaining anymore, and the club isnt winning, dont feel obliged to go, doubt the players care.

The concept of support is a bit outdated. If you want to support a football club, support your local club. Where doing a turn on the raffle, bar or coaching clinic means something.

You purchase goods and services of AFL clubs. If you turn up next week means next to nothing for the club.

5 Likes

a lot of the team didnā€™t even crack in, or bother to man up their opponents on the rebound, i donā€™t want these fuckwits playing for efc, so it may be years before iā€™ll go to a game again and give money to a bunch of flogs who havenā€™t earnt it

Things can turn pretty damn quick in this game.
2 - 3 is a poor start, but at least we have managed 2 wins despite several of our best players significantly below their 2017 output, or injured.

A win is not out of the question.
Melbourne also have to deal with fatigue and the short turnaround factor, and their confidence took a belting in the 2nd half against the Tigers.

Get an ugly, scrappy win this Sunday.
I donā€™t care how, just get the 4 points, then attack the Hawks with an influx of speedy skilled players (Fanta and McKenna), plus the inclusion of some rested players.

This may seem pie in the sky talk right now, but we could easily, easily be 5 - 3 at the completion of Rd.8 !

2 Likes

melbourne actually had a crack

this is what we should be worried about

1 Like

Problem for us is that teams know we are beatable. And from the commentary our weaknesses are glaring and clear for exploiting. Sure Melbourne are also struggling. Itā€™s going to be one of those games.

Nah, keep going, dude. It will make the next flag taste even sweeter. That you stuck fat through the hard times. Sure, be disappointed. Vent on Blitz & rock up next week.

Footy is a simple game. The Coach has admitted that the players are confused by the game plan. Is it the players fault that they are confused or the Coaches for overcomplicating things? At some point, it will click & we will return to winning. Who knows when, but we are a proud club with a successful history. And how good does it feel to belt out that song?

ā€œSee the Bombers fly up, upā€¦ā€

5 Likes

Melbourne played Tuesday night and will also be sore.

Envisage how heavy Jake Melkshams legs are going to be 5 minutes into the second quarter.

Jake is flying. Heā€™s got his teenage angry game on and is killing them.

In The Sheedy Eraā€¦was great being a Essendon fan in 1993-2001 eraā€¦ we had either recently won a flag or were putting in top performances and ready of another crack.
Since we Lost Hardwick, Caracella, games werent quite as good, but still had Hird.

Post Hird Knights eraā€¦Rebuildā€¦hard days when McVeigh and Welsh were considered gunsā€¦or our best alongside a fading Lloyd, who was never same after hammy injury and Knights wanted to end his career as soon as possible.

My favourite Knights year was 2009. went to a few games that yearā€¦that Anzac Day game very memorable, Ryder, Dyson and Zaharakis.
went to rd 3 win over Carlton and went to Round 22 win over Hawthorn Hurley calmly slotting 4 including 1 on the non preferred from outside 50.
Stanton Had a good year, winderlich played 19 games and probably had his best year, Watson was good and Ryder was good for a young ruck.
Kyle Reimers still could have been anything.

Then 2013
We were up and about, had Hirdy, Bomber and the Weapon.
Jobe was fresh off a Brownlow in and 2013 looked like our stars could align for a finals win.
We started the year well with wins over Adelaide (away) and gave the Demons a Hiding.
A Stirring win over the Dockers in a thriller, that was a emotional game.
And we had a convincing win over the pies Anzac Day, which I was there for.
we started season well, then injuries mounted, and suffered heavy defeats against Pies and Hawthorn, WEst Coast and and North.

Then beat Carlton after we had been kicked out of finalsā€¦and had nothing to play for, except the coach. And pushed Carlton outside the top 8.

Goddard, Stanton, Watson, Heppell all had good years. And Hibberd was close to AA as a running defender.

Last years Rd 1 game was good versus Hawks, and same this year versus crowsā€¦

Maybe we have had too many emotional games. Worsfolds trying to take out the emotion and make us a team where you know what to expect week in week out.