Cooking

Where’s the vino?

Chicken soup has long had a reputation for assisting with cold/flu recovery, and is often my go to food when I’m under the weather. Bone broth is probably even better.

If you had time for it, or were pre-prepared, a home made chicken bone broth might add perfectly to this component, and is a useful thing to do with a chicken carcass once you’ve mostly picked it clean, rather than throwing in out.

A slow cooker works well for a mostly hands-off chicken bone broth that can be used as a base for many recipes. Just remember not to store it in the fridge for more than a few days. If you’re making your own, you can keep it for longer by freezing in ice cubes, sealing in preserve jars while still hot/boiling, or the ancient storage method of using a fatty broth to seal it in a jar with the layer of fat on top as it cools in the fridge. Just be careful not to break the fat seal, and remember there are additional risks.

1 Like

I don’t drink it very much anymore as it makes me feel sick :frowning:

1 Like

I just had breakfast in a hotel in KL and this guy put peanut butter and jam on a slice of bread and then put it in the toaster (normal vertical toaster).
It seemed to cook up ok but his wife wasn’t impressed.

4 Likes

That man is flouting society’s conventions.

3 Likes

As well as making a frinking mess of the toaster

2 Likes

That’s just messed up.

1 Like

He’s the Alpha

Well what he is begins with A, anyway.

2 Likes

Awesome?

1 Like

A lawyer?

I finally made corn ribs in the air fryer for lunch today.

9 Likes

@bugman5 got a Hibachi for Christmas

11 Likes

I’m trying to stay off the bread for a while. Here is my breakfast. Definitely not giving up eggs though.

9 Likes

You’re back!!

1 Like

the best. they are so good!

1 Like

Nor should you.
One of the best foods on the Planet (come@ me Plant Based zealots).

Try to purchase the best quality you can afford though.
True pastured eggs, if you can !

1 Like

The best food is cheese. Hands down.

Anyway, this was my dinner tonight. Yummo.

13 Likes

I haven’t seen the big brown snake in the chook pen for a while, so I’m hoping it’s moved on and I can now put some chooks in and have my own eggs every morning. We go through a lot!

2 Likes

The best food is what you have in this picture!

1 Like