Cooking

Got this bbq for Christmas and my first go at cooking a spit. Lamb shoulder. So far so good.

8 Likes

Yummo!!! I presume the spit rotates automatically

1 Like

Yes just from Bunnings. Can get the 240v or battery operated. I got the 240v. Works a treat.

2 Likes

i have a personal theory that rotisseries work best if you can enclose the bbq. a personal favourite splurge was the webber rotisserie insert.

We are away in our van at the moment. My daughter made up a feed for our dinner tonight. Early dinner tonight.

15 Likes

Yum!!!

1 Like

Shepherds pie made with lentils

9 Likes

My mum used to make Shepherds Pie regularly and of course I hated it. But as I get older, indeed much older, I find the dishes I used to hate as a child now appeal.
Was it edible?
Recipe would be appreciated.
PS Would it work with a mince substitute like Quorn instead of lentils? My Better Half is no fan of lentils.

I enjoyed it. I’ve also made something similar with the dried vegetable/soy protein and it was great.

I loosely followed this recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/1-hour-vegan-shepherds-pie/

I just used what vegetables I had on hand and for the potato, I also added parsnip.

2 Likes

Cheesy mashed potatoes, broccoli, gravy, rib eye and garlic butter.

10 Likes

fixed this for you Tezza…

10 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Im loving Nagi’s book. Made this the other night. Have lots of basil growing so added it to the pesto. Everything else per recipe….unsurprisingly called Green Spaghetti. It was delish.

12 Likes

I made a big batch of roasted capsicums to take to my parents. This is why I’m the favourite child.

14 Likes

I’ve tried really really really hard to like capsicum. I just don’t.

2 Likes

No need to force yourself. There are so many other things to like!

1 Like

but it’s so bright and colourful and full of vitamins. I wish i did!

2 Likes

actually, i did enjoy it once… but it was the yellow one and it was deep fried in tempura batter, soooo… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Not even as part of ratatouille? It’s so easy and so delicious and so good for you! Onions, zucchini, capsicum, eggplant, tomato and basically anything else you feel like.