Cooking

That cleared it up.

Just make soup in a saucepan like a normal human being, will you.

You ask too much of me.

Tim Tam won a Shonky for producing Peanut flavoured Tim Tams that don't contain Peanuts. WTF? Also for putting in less although leaving the packaging the same. Very deceptive. I'm guessing that Thermomix (although a very good product by all accounts) didn't advertise their new improved version because they wanted to keep selling the older version at the current price.

Tim Tam won a Shonky for producing Peanut flavoured Tim Tams that don't contain Peanuts. WTF? Also for putting in less although leaving the packaging the same. Very deceptive. I'm guessing that Thermomix (although a very good product by all accounts) didn't advertise their new improved version because they wanted to keep selling the older version at the current price.

They shouldn't be penalised for that, what were they supposed to do with all the old ones?

They were supposed to give their customers the choice of buying the new model or buying the old model at a reduced price.

All over the news tonight.

I'll second going for the cast iron. You can pick up a cheap cast iron pan from camping stores. They are not non stick to start with, but anything that sticks you can quite literally use a scraper on to remove burned food. Don't use detergent to clean, just hot water with a dish brush, to let any oil you have used soak into the cast iron. Over time the pan will become more and more non stick, eventually being very nearly as non stick as the best of the non stick frypans. The upside is that with a cast iron pan, you are not restricted to only using low to medium heat to protect the coating like you are on non stick, and the cast iron pan will still be good in 50 years time, unlike non stick which you are lucky to get 2 years out of. Took a while to convince the wife, but she now uses a cast iron bbq hotplate on the stove top to cook all our steaks,sausages, bacon etc.

1 Like

Usually internet advice isn't worth the paper it's written on.

But cast iron is definitely the best.

My experiences with thermomixes mirror marathons. In that, no one would get involved in them if you couldn't talk incessantly about it afterwards.

But unlike a marathon buying a Thermomix is not actually an achievement

Does anyone have one of these Thermomix gadgets and are they sufficiently cracked up?

Yeah. My Mrs bought one a few months ago. You can do a fair bit with it. 

Are they a pain to clean? Would you say it makes things a lot easier than pots, pans and ovens?

I've found that it is very easy to clean but I honestly don't use it as I don't know how. It is a bit like a high-tech blender that can either cook or chill that has an inbuilt scale that allows you to add ingredients without using measuring cups etc. It is definitely a "one-pot" device and is quite convenient. You can make pretty much anything in it. 

Ok, cool. Might investigate getting one then!

Thought this was going to be a thread for recipes :(

1 Like

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1906-the-lone-ryderthread/page-29#entry341083

Ok, Sonia this the cooking thread or what?

Just threw a cheep pork shoulder on the bbq. Should be ready in the morning.

Just testing out how it tastes on mesquite, which is typically for beef brisket… Also a few beef ribs, not the right cut, but see how they go.

1 Like

Ribs came out, more like beef jerky and waaaaay too much rub.

Oh well, sit here til the pork is done I guess

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/674-favourite-recipe/

MMmmmmm mesquite… I smoke chilli's using mesquite… soooooo good.

9.5jrs and it’s done!

Wasn’t best. Cut of meat, dried out a bit, but a tonne of bbq sauce and mayo, but of slaw…couple beers, hey presto.

1 Like

MMmmmmm mesquite… I smoke chilli's using mesquite… soooooo good.

Have you got a recipe?
I'm using pellets, so the smoke isn't too intense,

One can buy liquid smoke from usafoods.com.au

Pretty strong, you dont need to drown meat in it, can be used on salads or anything, really.