Cooking

My latest endeavour…lactation cookies.

They taste pretty good…but I’m still not lactating.

1 Like
white wine vinegar, olive oil, honey and dijon - the single greatest salad dressing of all time.

It’s good, but try yoghurt, mango chutney, coriander and chilli … Stuff of dreams

I’ve been tempted to make my own noodles or pasta. Seems a lot of effort and cleaning though.

I always thought wood fired pizza ovens at home were a waste of time. Staying at a place that has a real sweet lookin one.

Wifey made up the bases and about 10 pizzas.

It was actually a heap of fun having a beer and getting these things cooked to perfection. Probably overloaded the toppings, but still worked out.

I always thought wood fired pizza ovens at home were a waste of time. Staying at a place that has a real sweet lookin one.

Wifey made up the bases and about 10 pizzas.

It was actually a heap of fun having a beer and getting these things cooked to perfection. Probably overloaded the toppings, but still worked out.

been thinking using the webber and a pizza stone one day. but just can’t be bothered.

Don’t think it’d be the same tbh.

This thing was fricken hot, air flow was great. And you can see it cooking without having to pop the lid.

Took about 2 hrs to heat up. And it was a bit of work getting the pizzas next to the heat source without them burning up.

If you had the space and the coin it’d be a great social event to have the crew around.

Speaking of pizza I hear some place in Preston got voted best in Australia at the world titles. Pizzaly.

Don't think it'd be the same tbh.

This thing was fricken hot, air flow was great. And you can see it cooking without having to pop the lid.

Took about 2 hrs to heat up. And it was a bit of work getting the pizzas next to the heat source without them burning up.

If you had the space and the coin it’d be a great social event to have the crew around.

Speaking of pizza I hear some place in Preston got voted best in Australia at the world titles. Pizzaly.

You got it stinking hot in 2 hours? Usually takes ours 4-5. Hottest we’ve ever got it was over 400°C (the thermometer didn’t go higher). Cooked pizzas in less than 2 minutes.

It really is the best pizza ever, but yeah you need to be stingy on the toppings.

I had it hit enough to ‘slow cook’ a pizza with lots of topping in about 2 hours, cooked them in 4 minutes.

Your probably right tho, an extra few hours of heating could be amazing. Was windy as too.

I've been tempted to make my own noodles or pasta. Seems a lot of effort and cleaning though.

Do it, very easy and really not a lot of cleaning up to do. Fresh pasta tastes the best, as I am sure you know.

If you have the kit to roll out the noodles/pasta evenly then it is great. We have the attachments for our Kitchenaid and it makes it very easy to roll out and then cut to the size you want, but you don’t have to use them and can do it just with a roller and sharp knife on the bench top.

I've been tempted to make my own noodles or pasta. Seems a lot of effort and cleaning though.

Do it, very easy and really not a lot of cleaning up to do. Fresh pasta tastes the best, as I am sure you know.

If you have the kit to roll out the noodles/pasta evenly then it is great. We have the attachments for our Kitchenaid and it makes it very easy to roll out and then cut to the size you want, but you don’t have to use them and can do it just with a roller and sharp knife on the bench top.

If you do it, make a day of it, or an arvo at least, and knock out a shitload of it. Just a dust of flour once in the desired form, and it will freeze fine.

If you do it, make a day of it, or an arvo at least, and knock out a shitload of it. Just a dust of flour once in the desired form, and it will freeze fine.

Yeah, good point, don’t forget to dust with flour or else you will end up with a big lump of pasta!
Also I have used one of those white plastic covered clothes horses as a drying rack for the pasta in the past and they work fine.

Had my first crack at making chicken katsu curry last night and, apart making the sauce a bit too thick, it came up great. Really tasty, and dead easy to make.

Really like panko for crumbing. Seems to come up better in the oven than traditional breadcrumbs.

Had my first crack at making chicken katsu curry last night and, apart making the sauce a bit too thick, it came up great. Really tasty, and dead easy to make.

Really like panko for crumbing. Seems to come up better in the oven than traditional breadcrumbs.

Panko is the ultimate bread crumb.

Anyone know a simple recipe for chicken risotto?

Risotto is what it is, a laborious palava, and a waste of fking time for a bowl of gloop IMO.

The name doesn’t sound too appetising to an italian.

I thought this was a thread about players on their way out.

So, I’ve made this a few times and it still amazes me how easy it is.

Hot Smoked salmon in the Traeger on some fruit blend pellets, 10min then 20min at 350F. Cooked it on a cedar plank with an soy/ginger/garlic/oil marinade.

Served it up on this Jamie Oliver dish with boiled potatoes and a Greek yoghurt, dill, mint, cucumber, lemon zest/juice dressing.

We do this one at least fortnightly. We substitute the porcini for pretty much whay vegies we have.

Also make katsu currys too :slight_smile:

I always cook the chicken separately and serve it with the risotto… Any mushroom is good…lemon
And leek is good also. I hate over cooked chicken