Coping Mechanisms - How Do We Handle This?

ring up renew your membership…those poor souls answering the member enquiries need some good news lol

efc fans of the 70’s have been through this, we should look to them, any of them here could give us some tips that’d be great

2 Likes

Now you’ve done it

1 Like

I’m a fan from the 70s and trust me, they were nothing like as bad as this.

4 Likes

ooo rock bottom

how delightful

In my very humble and completely unscientific opinion, life is about balance. Relying on the fortunes of a football team to bring some positive and happy vibes to your life can be fraught with danger if there aren’t any other avenues for those emotions. I assume there are some people too for whom the negativity is the balance and perhaps unknowingly thrive upon it. Hence Blitz.

The key as I see it when one possible source of enjoyment is lessened or taken away, is to source your positivity or happiness from elsewhere. What makes you happy? What makes you feel like you’ve done something good? For me, it’s surrounding myself with good people and enjoying their company - whether it’s watching the marvel films with my daughters, facetime with my ladywife (who’s still in fkg Scotland), beers with mates, or having a coffee with ma and pa. Sometimes it’s even just time alone, and playing guitar loudly and badly. Granted, it’s not a pound of crack like @scotty21 suggested, but it works for me.

10 Likes

Taking advantage of the great deals on merch available at the bombershop

6 Likes

80% OFF ALL MERCH WITH CODE “DUMPSTERFIRE”

10 Likes

So, what you’re saying is that’s all bullshit and I should get crack.

Cheers

5 Likes

At least a pound of it.

4 Likes

If I could press a button to stop the carefactor right now, I would.

I’m so glad tomorrow night is the final game. So glad. I was ready for this season to end in April/May.

Gives us 6 months before our first pre-season game and 7 months before Round 1 to try and get some stability at this club. I think it’s going to get worse in the off-field department in the coming weeks before it gets better. Time to disengage… I find this considerably easier when we aren’t playing games.

Get wasted

I think that is to come when some players requests trade of the trade period. I can see a couple saying F this dump and it’s loony Management.

1 Like

Who else fantasizes about a fan revolution which will kick out all the suits who don’t care about the common fan. Make it a true fan run club.

Join me comrades!

Have very much considered throwing it all in.

If Campbell is still there next season. I’m done. Not just cancel my membership, but give up following football.

1 Like

4 Likes

I’ll continue to tour the wild and wonderful west of Ireland whilst keeping an eye and ear out for the next Stynes, Kennelly, Tuohy or Connor for us. And ensure plenty of Guinness eases the memories of the past week and season craziness.

1 Like

It’s crossed my mind for the first time ever this season.

1 Like

Thankfully the Premierleague has started, and I can throw my attention at that.

Thankfully Man United can’t be any worse.

:flushed:

1 Like