Could it be true

Like someone said earlier I would love Kevin Sheedy to come back as an Ambassador type role.

1. As long as it wasn't in a coaching role

2. And James Hird was in full agreement

Sheedy would be great... I have missed his crazy, passionate positivity around the club! He is loved all over Australia. There is only one Kevin Sheedy!

Having said that.... I doubt we could afford him.

Don't want him back.  he did enough damage in his last few years when he was here the first time.  There will not be a second coming as long as Hird is the senior coach.

agree 100%. Have massive respect and love for a hell of a lot that he did with the club. He left the club in such a mess playing wise and the clubwise. So many dud players picked up, too many old favourites being played. Left Knights with a pretty crap list to be honest.

He is past it imo, GWS should of appointed Williams last year and shown Sheeds the door. Sheeds would create too many unwanted headlines imo.

Sheedy would be a very valuable and welcome addition to the club, should he decide to come back. After 6 years away, l am sure he would be most welcome and while he would NOT be involved in any capacity on the coaching side of things, his ability to mend fences would see us quickly rise up and put this shameful episode of our history behind us. Sheedy is a football person, through and through and he would be hurting to see this club going through the pain it is right now. 

From the article l read he is still weighing his options, and it sounded far from convincing that he would come back. l would have him back in a heartbeat with arms open wide. lt would also show the rest of the footy world that all is forgiven for the past. Get Lloyd back as well, while we are about it, then step aside in 2014, the Bombres are back. 

Get Lloyd in a FF coach

Get Caracella in as assistant ( more Geelong experience )

Get Sheedy back to increase the memberships that the club will lose next year from the band wagon supporters and he can bring about lots of red wine and banter around the club I like it!

Get Lloyd in a FF coach

Get Sheedy back to increase the memberships that the club will lose next year from the band wagon supporters and he can bring about lots of red wine and banter around the club I like it!

agree with you about the coaches, but not with the memberships. I reckon next year our member numbers will go even higher. This whole saga hasn't had any effect on our supporter numbers imo

Lloyd is a must, How hasn’t this happened yet!!!

Was also interesting to hear Lloyd say if the club asked him to, he would return as forward coach. DO IT ALREADY ESSENDON!!!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN....

I’d welcome him back if he has no role for coaching/team selection or list management. Can bring Cameron with him

Was also interesting to hear Lloyd say if the club asked him to, he would return as forward coach. DO IT ALREADY ESSENDON!!!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN....

No brainier.. Get on it!!

Didn’t Parkin go back to the Dawks in a similar role? Turned out to be a disaster.

Not sure this isn’t just the media looking to find yet another angle on this f:(king nightmare!

Didn't Parkin go back to the Dawks in a similar role? Turned out to be a disaster.
Not sure this isn't just the media looking to find yet another angle on this f:(king nightmare!

Parkins role was to help with coaching - a mentor or overseeing role.... Sheedy's would have to be very different to that.

Bring Lloyd in!!

Lloyd may be tied up in his media roles. Im desperate to see him come back into the side however!

He is welcome back at Essendon anyday in any form. After the rubbish we’ve witnessed from Knights and under Hird the past 6 seasons, the grass isn’t greener on the other side.

Not sure coach but he would of learnt quite abit from being involved at GWS and analyzing what went wrong in his last few years at Essendon.

Get Lloyd in a FF coach

agree with you about the coaches, but not with the memberships. I reckon next year our member numbers will go even higher. This whole saga hasn't had any effect on our supporter numbers imo
Our support has already dropped off the past 2 weeks, the crowd this sat v Carlton will be the lowest in years. The support is already starting to jump off.

Where's Jessica?

Didn't Parkin go back to the Dawks in a similar role? Turned out to be a disaster.
Not sure this isn't just the media looking to find yet another angle on this f:(king nightmare!

Yes he did.  It didn't work because the incumbent coach spent too much time looking over his shoulder.

Get Lloyd in a FF coach

Our support has already dropped off the past 2 weeks, the crowd this sat v Carlton will be the lowest in years. The support is already starting to jump off.

Well it'sd the scums home game isn't it?

I'm not sure he would be worth the investment remembering that he wouldn't come cheap.

Don't want him back.  he did enough damage in his last few years when he was here the first time.  There will not be a second coming as long as Hird is the senior coach.

You disrespectful person. Sheedy produced all the success and pride the modern generation of Essendon supporters hangs their hat on. How dare little keyboard warrior's such as yourself have the balls to question anything about the great man. Mistakes or not. Everyone is human. Sheedy should never be disrespected and should always be spoken about in the positive and with respect. Sheed's is a competitor, a bold innovator, someone who dares to dream. He is an utter inspiration. Wash your mouth out.

Must agree, windyhillwonders appears to have forgotten '84, '85, '93, '00, not to mention other Grand Finals we played in as well as night Grand Finals.   I'd be more than happy to see the great man back home, where he belongs, as an Ambassador.   Wouldn't that get up Carowhine Wilson's nose that he came back to us and not Richmond! 

You disrespectful person. Sheedy produced all the success and pride the modern generation of Essendon supporters hangs their hat on. How dare little keyboard warrior's such as yourself have the balls to question anything about the great man. Mistakes or not. Everyone is human. Sheedy should never be disrespected and should always be spoken about in the positive and with respect. Sheed's is a competitor, a bold innovator, someone who dares to dream. He is an utter inspiration. Wash your mouth out.

Must agree, windyhillwonders appears to have forgotten '84, '85, '93, '00, not to mention other Grand Finals we played in as well as night Grand Finals.   I'd be more than happy to see the great man back home, where he belongs, as an Ambassador.   Wouldn't that get up Wilson Wilson's nose that he came back to us and not Richmond! 

No he hasn't forgotten those flags.  He also hasn't forgotten the disasters of 99, 2001 and recruitment of hacks such as Murphy, Allan and Zantuck to name but a few.