Could it be true

Sheedy back?

Get Lloyd in a FF coach

Get Caracella in as assistant ( more Geelong experience )

Get Sheedy back to increase the memberships that the club will lose next year from the band wagon supporters and he can bring about lots of red wine and banter around the club I like it!

If only it were that easy. Blake will stay at the Cats, the team are obvious premiership contenders each year and he's doing a great job.

Lloyd? It's possible. But he enjoys the analytical reporting world. So who knows.

Sheedy back? Probably the most likely, on the board. To help out the club. Hopefully.

Don't want him back.  he did enough damage in his last few years when he was here the first time.  There will not be a second coming as long as Hird is the senior coach.

agree 100%. Have massive respect and love for a hell of a lot that he did with the club. He left the club in such a mess playing wise and the clubwise. So many dud players picked up, too many old favourites being played. Left Knights with a pretty crap list to be honest.

He is past it imo, GWS should of appointed Williams last year and shown Sheeds the door. Sheeds would create too many unwanted headlines imo.

Sheedy would be a very valuable and welcome addition to the club, should he decide to come back. After 6 years away, l am sure he would be most welcome and while he would NOT be involved in any capacity on the coaching side of things, his ability to mend fences would see us quickly rise up and put this shameful episode of our history behind us. Sheedy is a football person, through and through and he would be hurting to see this club going through the pain it is right now. 

I agree CJ. It's obvious Sheeds still loves the club as well. We are becoming open season for the Malthouses / Macquires to make comment of - having Sheeds would dull this to some extent as he has the ability to take the heat out of situations with his straight forward Australian way.

If we don't have a go to get him as an ambassador types I would be surprised to see the Tigers have a go. Alongside Damien and their fast improving team, their membership would go through the roof.

Sheedy back?

Get Lloyd in a FF coach

Get Sheedy back to increase the memberships that the club will lose next year from the band wagon supporters and he can bring about lots of red wine and banter around the club I like it!

If only it were that easy. Blake will stay at the Cats, the team are obvious premiership contenders each year and he's doing a great job.

Lloyd? It's possible. But he enjoys the analytical reporting world. So who knows.

Sheedy back? Probably the most likely, on the board. To help out the club. Hopefully.

mootsy, are you ramshackle?

Sheedy back?

Get Lloyd in a FF coach

I am indeed. Ramz has retired. Probably living it up in Hawaii.

I heard a rumour that we have had discussions with Paul Roos as well.

Don't want him back.  he did enough damage in his last few years when he was here the first time.  There will not be a second coming as long as Hird is the senior coach.

You disrespectful person. Sheedy produced all the success and pride the modern generation of Essendon supporters hangs their hat on. How dare little keyboard warrior's such as yourself have the balls to question anything about the great man. Mistakes or not. Everyone is human. Sheedy should never be disrespected and should always be spoken about in the positive and with respect. Sheed's is a competitor, a bold innovator, someone who dares to dream. He is an utter inspiration. Wash your mouth out.

Must agree, windyhillwonders appears to have forgotten '84, '85, '93, '00, not to mention other Grand Finals we played in as well as night Grand Finals.   I'd be more than happy to see the great man back home, where he belongs, as an Ambassador.   Wouldn't that get up Wilson Wilson's nose that he came back to us and not Richmond! 

No he hasn't forgotten those flags.  He also hasn't forgotten the disasters of 99, 2001 and recruitment of hacks such as Murphy, Allan and Zantuck to name but a few.

Disasters of '99 and '01?? WTF

2005 - 2013 is what you call a farkin disaster as far as football clubs go.

From what I've read, it seems like it's only a coterie member that may have approached him... that doesn't necessarily mean anyone at the club is behind it.

I love Sheeds, but I can't imagine anyone at EFC (Hird especially) wanting Sheeds to ride in on a big white stallion and fix everything up for us. That would imply that Hird/Little/etc. aren't up to the job themselves and we had to bring in outside help. Imagine the articles certain journalists would write about that.

FORMER Essendon great Tim Watson says GWS Giants coach Kevin Sheedy has no role at Windy Hill, other than just as a supporter of the football club.

It was revealed that powerful Essendon coterie groups had approached the master coach, who spent 27 years at the club, about returning to help rebuild in the wake of expected charges from the AFL for bringing the game into disrepute.
But Watson has questioned the merits of Sheedy's return.
"I can't see a role for him at the Essendon Football Club, other than if he wants to come back because he spent 27 years there, whether he would like to come back and be just a supporter of the football club," Watson told SEN this morning.

"Clubs in the modern era have got to be more professional than just having somebody back because they were associated with the club for a long time and they helped build the success of the football club many years ago, which he (Sheedy) did when he first arrived back in 1981."
Sheedy is set to hang up the boots as senior coach at the end of the home and away season.
The 65-year-old has spent two years in western Sydney developing the young Giants while spruiking the code in New South Wales.
Assistant Leon Cameron will lead the club in 2014.
"Essendon don't need a marketer like the GWS do," Watson said. "They don't need somebody out there spruiking because Essendon obviously are entrenched.
"They've got a high profile as a football club, higher now than probably they've ever had before for all the wrong reasons.
"You would have to wonder what position he would hold if he came back to the Essendon Football Club."
Sheedy was matter of fact about the approach following Saturday night‘s loss to Brisbane.
"If I went back to Essendon, it wouldn't be about romance, it would be about fixing things up."

Lloyd may be tied up in his media roles. Im desperate to see him come back into the side however!

Not after he Sewells Wilson on Footy Classified....I wouldn't be surprised if he's heartily sick of the hypocrisy, double-dealing and lying that happens every time he smiles at the witch.

Sheedy back?

Get Lloyd in a FF coach

I am indeed. Ramz has retired. Probably living it up in Hawaii.

with his electric sex pants. vale.

FFS how many times has Paul Roos gotta say that he doesn't want to coach ......... anybody!!!

You disrespectful person. Sheedy produced all the success and pride the modern generation of Essendon supporters hangs their hat on. How dare little keyboard warrior's such as yourself have the balls to question anything about the great man. Mistakes or not. Everyone is human. Sheedy should never be disrespected and should always be spoken about in the positive and with respect. Sheed's is a competitor, a bold innovator, someone who dares to dream. He is an utter inspiration. Wash your mouth out.
Must agree, windyhillwonders appears to have forgotten '84, '85, '93, '00, not to mention other Grand Finals we played in as well as night Grand Finals.   I'd be more than happy to see the great man back home, where he belongs, as an Ambassador.   Wouldn't that get up Wilson Wilson's nose that he came back to us and not Richmond!
No he hasn't forgotten those flags.  He also hasn't forgotten the disasters of 99, 2001 and recruitment of hacks such as Murphy, Allan and Zantuck to name but a few.
Disasters of '99 and '01?? WTF

2005 - 2013 is what you call a farkin disaster as far as football clubs go.

We'd nearly eclipse that this year but thankfully Carlton are an extra game behind port. I don't see us winning another game this year , so luckily we had a great start to the year.

Plz not as coach…he’s past it. As an ambassador, yes.

What is an ambassador, what would he do and why would we need it?

What is an ambassador, what would he do and why would we need it?

An ambassador just runs around blowing smoke up your ■■■■. Not a bad thing to have someone with genuine credibility constantly tellng everyone how good you are. Do we (or anyone) actually need one; no.

To be in-charge of our PR department?

heard a sneaky rumour if worse comes to worse and hird is gone sheedy would come back

Paul Roos.

FFS how many times has Paul Roos gotta say that he doesn't want to coach ......... anybody!!!

He is saying this cause he doesn't want to coach a St Kilda or Melbourne.
I thought it was pretty well known that Roos is a shoe in if Hird steps down. And yes, he would take the role. There is more to say about this, but not to be said here.

heard a sneaky rumour if worse comes to worse and hird is gone sheedy would come back

Paul Roos.

Paul Roos would be the obvious target for the Brisbane Lions, I assume.

What if Leigh Matthews isn't successful in getting that Board role with the Lions this year? Would he still have the fire to coach the Bombers? Now that would be a challenge that Lethal may enjoy.

Jungle drums are starting to beat more loudly on this one.