COVID-19 - January 22 to March 22

6 Likes

Speaking of Easter I have a question for our Greek Blitzers about how COVID-19 is going to impact on your mass. Bit of recent discussion in the Doe household, where Mrs Doe (who is Greek) chatted to a Greek lady yesterday about COVID-19 and the lady mentioned they still do the sacramental wine using a spoon and it’s the same spoon for everyone. Mrs D, who is fastidiously clean, was stunned this was still continuing after all these years (clearly she doesn’t go to church
) just from a basic health and cleanliness and icky factor.

The Greek lady wasn’t very confident the Greeks were going to follow Govt instructions and do the right thing, especially for the Easter celebrations.

thoughts

1 Like

3 new cases in Tassie now up to 10

Hobart again

might need to build a wall lol.

1 Like

Footy’s on.

1 Like

I won’t die on this hill, but it’s hardly convincing.

• a quote from one person who rang 3AW
  • someone who heard a kid that works at a supermarket say looks like people from out of town.
  • someone on face book.

But the article just gives people the idea right.

Just eat what you got people.

1 Like

As of yesterday - no. My sister-in-law, who works nearby, got us a couple of packets of dried pasta.

My wife and sister-in-law are of good Sicilian stock and stellar cooks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think this is exactly what they’re doing, but also with a bit of ‘bUt The eConOmY’.

It’s the shortest government in my lifetime, and it shows.

Haven’t decided yet if I will go get communion this year at Easter tbh. Used to do it every year but I’ve become lazy in the last couple of years.
But I can tell you with 100% certainty that what you expressed in your post would be the opinion of most of the older Greeks.
And if I did go, I wont be asking for a different spoon or whatever. Perhaps coronavirus wouldnt survive in Port anyway. :rofl:

1 Like

I think we should build a wall around NSW as they have the most cases.

1 Like

Fair enough.
But I can send you through links to multiple community newspapers from different townships, with witnesses saying the same thing.

It’s pretty easy to notice a couple of 50 seat buses in small country towns, sitting out the front of the local supermarket.

1 Like

I take it you’re not diving for the cross this year then.

Thats early January. Never tried diving for the cross as I would probably drown anyways being a ■■■■ swimmer and all. :rofl:

5 Likes

LA Manna has quite a bit, mate.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be great if locals were waiting for them with a truck full of sprayable ■■■■.

No worries.

Couldn’t find any decent articles, but no doubt everyone is behaving pretty ordinary whether they’re city folk, I don’t know.

I don’t know if it’s over the top, but it would be great to have some leadership step in and knock this on the head.

Please stop you muppets.

Leadership completed

Did it help?

2 Likes

Sis in law went to la manna today got everything she needed including tp and mince.

3 Likes

You want this

https://www.nicks.com.au/polmos-spirytus-rektykiowany-rectified-spirit-polish-pure-spirit-vodka-500ml

from their website for end of this week

Store Limits: Friday March 20 - Sunday March 22

Dear customers,

Your support over the last week has been phenomenal and your positive feedback has been imperative in keeping our staff motivated and focussed to get through this challenging time.

We are very conscious of the safety of our team members and our customers and want to ensure this is at the forefront of any decisions that we are making and will continue to make in the future.

For the safety of our employees and our customers, effective Friday 20 March – Sunday 22 March 2020, we will be limiting the number of customers within the store at any one time, to ensure you can safely navigate through our aisles and that our team members can continue to assist and support you during your shop in a safe manner. Please be advised we do expect significant delays during these periods.

We understand your concerns, however there will be strict limits on products which we kindly ask that you adhere to so as to avoid any issues at the register. We want to ensure that we can provide essential items to our community. Please see in store for further details on restrictions.

There is a temporary zero return policy for ‘change of mind purchases’.

To ensure we can focus our energy and team members in the high demand areas we are temporarily closing or altering some offers that we have such as but not limited to;

Limiting the number of customers within the store at any one time
     Quantity limitations on products
     Temporary zero return policy for ‘change of mind’ purchases
     Menu reduction in the café & patisserie
     Fruit salad temporarily unavailable

You have all been so supportive and patient, we ask that you continue this over the future days when we reopen the closed departments. We ask that you be considerate in your shop and please be mindful of our vulnerable community members whilst they do their shopping and show kindness and compassion to those who may need some assistance.

The LaManna family thank you and your family for the support and empathy you have shown each and every one of us every day.

1 Like

It’s not that they want everyone to get it, it’s that it’s virtually inevitable that we will all get it in some manner or other. It’s about managing the resources we have for dealing with the most severe cases.

3 Likes