COVID-19 - January 22 to March 22

A bit easier to do in China when they have a billion people and a government that rules with an iron fist :joy:

Itā€™s not like theyā€™re building the Royal Childrenā€™s. Itā€™s a field hospital.

I do get what youā€™re saying though. Especially watching the reaction to the fires.

1 Like

3 confirmed cases in France now, 2 from the same family. All 3 arrived back in the country from visiting Wuhan. No surprise that victims are being found at places that have direct flights from Wuhan and sitting on an aircraft for long lengths of time probably means many more could be infected

The Ebola warning ad on the big screen at the Uganda/Rwanda border has a great slide with a drawing of someoneā€™s head bleeding from every orifice (including the eyes).

All tours to China have been cancelled and tourists are being refunded

1 Like

Well, they did complete all the 2008 Olympic infrastructure with 2x years to spare. Most other places are still painting and fastening seats as the opening ceremony is about to start. Living in a strictly controlled society with a leader who has a thing for time management does have some benefits.

Yes, a deadline literally means that in China. You finish it by the allotted time or you AND your family are dead!

1 Like

geezeā€¦ China are having a horror run with public relations on a world scale.

Just about every time i hear someone pipe up or read the news, China seems to pop up.

murdoch press innit, chyyna public enemy numero uno

1 Like

If this is what itā€™s like after one confirmed case then I frigginā€™ hope we donā€™t get another.
ffsā€¦

ā€œYes, I know you were born in China but you havenā€™t been to Chinaā€¦ā€

4 Likes

Meanwhile, authorities let a plane load of people arrive in Melbourne from the source without detaining everyone, at least put them up in a hotel for a bit.

If there ever was a war/famine/pestilence of any magnitude, the response to the recent fires give me no hope Australian authorities would be able to help the masses.

4 Likes

Itā€™s certainly curious.

I hope the Wuhan Clan are ok!

7 Likes

My understanding is the only direct flights from Wuhan are to Sydney, so what is this direct flight to Melbourne from the source you speak of.

Itā€™s the Herald Sun, so itā€™s probably not true, butā€¦

The man who brought coronavirus to Melbourne may have exposed many others to the deadly illness.

The Chinese national, aged in his 50s, lives in Wuhan, where the new strain originated.

He booked a flight to Melbourne to see family long before he knew he was ill.

Symptom-free, he boarded a plane from the infected city to Guangzhou, a two-hour journey.

The man arrived in Melbourne at 9am on Sunday, January 19, on China Southern Airlines flight CZ321 from Guangzhou. This flight included codeshare passengers for Qantas flight QF330, among four others.

1 Like

South China Morning Post, the English language mouthpiece of the Chinese government are saying 1975 confirmed cases. Chinese social media (WeChat) saying health workers inside Wuhan believe 100,000 are infected.

1 Like

Guangzhou isnā€™t in the blocked zone, so technically people who left Wuhan before closedown could still travel on flights from other cities which this bloke obviously did.

I think it goes without saying that 100,000 is probably more accurate.

The 7 day construction of the hospital is a dead give away. pun not intended.

1 Like

Yeeees?