COVID-19 - January 22 to March 22

Came from Wuhan via Guangzhou on China Southern I believe.
Still about 40 flights per day arriving from China plus 20 a day from Hong Kong

Like others have said, there were flights connecting through to Melbourne, and others direct to Sydney.

There was media at the airport to film them. Evidently a plane full of surgeons.

One of those diagnosed with the virus arrived from Wuhan on Jan 6th but hadn’t shown any signs until this week

They built a similar hospital in 10 days for SARS in 2003 when there was only 8000 total infections so they are replicating the same process. But clearly the official figures are dodgy.
The video of the alleged nurse saying 90,000 infections is everywhere now. If true how long can they hide the true figure!

1 Like

They still deny Tianeman square, so along time.

2 Likes

I mean… i would go as far as to say that China would eliminate as many people as it took to protect the ‘integrity’ of their government. Which is tragic within itself.

This got posted by a Chinese uni student in the r/Melbourne thread on reddit about an hour ago.

For all the ■■■■ they cop, it’s refreshing to finally hear a voice from the other side.

4 Likes

Someone I know in Sydney has the virus. I spoke with him on the phone today. He already has a bit of a stutter and I think then anxiety from having the virus has made that worse, so the convo was difficult obviously.

So I told him on the phone that was concerned that he had the “Wuhan Coronavirus” and he got all annoyed about that. Said he didn’t want to be stigmatised as having the “Wuhan” virus. Ok I said, ok then, what do you want me to call it”

He said “it’s mh-mh-mh-my Coronavirus”

3 Likes

Yeh the Chinese government had no choice but to send the tanks in, to bring order back which was temporarily lost due to a small criminal element of radical students brainwashed by the Americans.
I am still shocked at the number of seemingly educated Chinese people who believe this.

Big exaggeration

1 Like

I should have added the sarcastica font :wink:
It’s amazing how quickly their infrastructure and skyline changes.
Wuhan and Chongqing are probably the ones I’ve noticed changed the most on trips there

So what are we looking at spreading wise and are there vaccines being made?

Or is this something that is livable and usually affecting the weak and elderly?

I guess with this flu and the bushfires, probably even more reason to travel and support local business if can to help the local economy.

This came out a couple of days ago, mate, but only from China. There hasn’t been any international confirmation of this, so the veracity is questionable.

1 Like

I used a public toilet in Waratah, Tasmania today. I was very anxious but thankfully I was wearing a condom which I cut a small incision into the tip which still allowed me to urinate relatively freely. I took my face mask off a few times too so I’m still a bit concerned for my welfare. I didn’t see any Chinese people but I ate sweet and sour pork last night…with luck I will survive. You are a f.ucking idiot

2 Likes

wElCoMe tO OuR CoMmuNiTy.

If not for the personal abuse, … that may well have been in the running for “Best/funniest First Blitz post Ever” award.

12 Likes

Randy needs a paddling more than a welcoming.

0/10

1 Like

My job here is done!